Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
I couldn't agree more with this thread. I'm somewhat new to all of this and seek areas that have the least amount of assholes. I recently found a local group to wheel with and they were very accepting. It was mostly Jeeps but they were all cool, and were great spotters helping me get through some tight trails without damage. Hell the leader of the group was wheeling a freakin' Kia Sorento!

Reactions: SLO Rob and ShawnR

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I couldn't agree more with this thread. I'm somewhat new to all of this and seek areas that have the least amount of assholes. I recently found a local group to wheel with and they were very accepting. It was mostly Jeeps but they were all cool, and were great spotters helping me get through some tight trails without damage. Hell the leader of the group was wheeling a freakin' Kia Sorento!
There's your new motto, @administrator "Overland Bound; The place with the fewest assholes" :smirk:

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I'd buy two of them. There's no form of self promotion as effective as clever self degradation.
I have one from a band called vintana... back of the shirt in huge... huge letters says "YOUR A FU%#$ A$$HOLE" lol

Had to be a man to rep that logo lol

Especially at the rock shop in fayetteville NC.... woooo man... a$$whippins get handed out like sonic peppermints in that place.

I went every thursday like clockwork

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Michael

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Yep, i am hopeful for OB to stay wode open like it is. The world needs a place like this.

I agree completely. One of the reasons I enjoy this forum, aside from it being relatively new, is the inclusiveness from all, regardless of rig. I think the worse thing that could happen is to create sub forums for each major brand of vehicle. All that does is divide people and reduces the ability to learn from each other, regardless of chosen platform. I've seen that on other expedition forums. The main reason we're here is overlanding. Our rigs of choice is secondary. I'll take advice about my Jeep build from anyone. You don't have to own a Jeep to tell me you had a bad experience with XYZ products, etc. Or if a Viair 4000 would offer better performance than Viair 3000. I think the mods will stay on top of things and squash pettiness as soon as it rears it's ugly head. And of course, constructive conversation when disagreeing is beneficial too.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I agree completely. One of the reasons I enjoy this forum, aside from it being relatively new, is the inclusiveness from all, regardless of rig. I think the worse thing that could happen is to create sub forums for each major brand of vehicle. All that does is divide people and reduces the ability to learn from each other, regardless of chosen platform. I've seen that on other expedition forums. The main reason we're here is overlanding. Our rigs of choice is secondary. I'll take advice about my Jeep build from anyone. You don't have to own a Jeep to tell me you had a bad experience with XYZ products, etc. Or if a Viair 4000 would offer better performance than Viair 3000. I think the mods will stay on top of things and squash pettiness as soon as it rears it's ugly head. And of course, constructive conversation when disagreeing is beneficial too.
!

This sounds familiar... why the sudden feeling that i need a hair cut and a shave
..? LOL

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

And even if you can't get Aftermarket parts or you're too cheap. You can all ways build your own.
I was and am a Dodge snob but every rig has their points and I will respect your choice while defending mine.

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Every vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages, a true overlander is one who understands their rig's capability and works within those constraints.
This is the concept! This is also where people get into trouble. Just because you have a lot of money to throw at your vehicle, doesn't mean its a better vehicle. It is all about the driver's capability with the equipement on hand.

I have seen 2wheel drive, low clearance vehicles go where a lifter, atlas equiped truck coulndn't, because the driver wouldn't listen tot he other people on the trail.

Last edited: