Gossett
Member #

taliv

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
Who makes this?
imaginetrailvans.com

i recently posted some pics of mine as i was cleaning it out this past weekend.

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

View attachment 121448

Wife and I in the king size bed up top. 2 cots for my kids in the spare room that has a teepee style.
I know where that spot it. The wind can get whipping in the afternoons. Have you any experience with the wind walls? If so. how do they hold up? Steaking down tents and guy lines is a challenge in that area with nothing but granite slabs everywhere.

QCrunner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Wife and I in the king size bed up top. 2 cots for my kids in the spare room that has a teepee style.
Care to share what cots you use for the kids? We have the discobed bunkbed style camp cots but they're so bulky and heavy I usually just set up 1 and put the kids up top with mom. Looking for a faster setup and breakdown cot solution for the kids.

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Reactions: theMightyGoose

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

Care to share what cots you use for the kids? We have the discobed bunkbed style camp cots but they're so bulky and heavy I usually just set up 1 and put the kids up top with mom. Looking for a faster setup and breakdown cot solution for the kids.
If you have the budget for it, look at the Helinox cot series. They are pricey but their stuff is well made and very lightweight

Reactions: QCrunner

rmerron

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Built this one in 2015. We love travelling in it, Been all over US, Canada, Alaska. It is fun having a home built trailer, you know how to fix what breaks. Still have it.

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Built this one in 2015. We love travelling in it, Been all over US, Canada, Alaska. It is fun having a home built trailer, you know how to fix what breaks. Still have it.
very cool. I built my teardrop in 2008, and have pulled it a lot of places, including Wyoming twice.

5DD54B9D-7D90-4342-9B1B-98D2ED644D2A.jpeg0BF6CF72-027B-47E6-B29C-610D6106FED0.jpegA8172F6C-B69A-4153-9CF5-A58C93133D2E.jpeg5895532D-541A-4D16-A9CB-754B7B31E253.jpeg

ShyTRex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

imaginetrailvans.com

i recently posted some pics of mine as i was cleaning it out this past weekend.
Thanks so much! I'll go read that now!

PA Chuck D

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville, TN
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Drury
Member #

Hi, I went for the Timbren system on The Escape Pod, 4" lift and long shafts as I am running 285/75/r16 tyres. Initially I was aiming for a light weight build so just went with the 1500ibs option but soon found that I was bottoming out the suspension. I have to say that Timbren were brilliant and supplied me with heavy duty rubber shocks foc. So far I have been really happy with the system, love the fact that it was so simple to fit and rides really well, although I do have to say that the off tarmac driving that I have done with it to date has all been relatively slow. It needs testing on extended fast dirt track. All that said I am looking at making a Mk2 trailer in 2017 and am looking at the idea of a coil over system, but that is more to do with the fact that it is difficult and not cost effective to fit electric brakes on a trailer in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Sorry I'm sooooo late to the conversation. I just joined a couple of days ago. I started from the beginning of the thread and working up to present day. If you placed more pic's of The Escape Pod, I hope you shared them. I'll get to them in a bit.

I am looking at the Timbren 3500HD to convert a 5x8 utility trailer from Lowes that I've had for my 4 wheeler. I still want to use the trailer for the 4 wheeler and riding mower, but also build up the sides and use cross rails so I can put my CVT Mt. Shasta on it. I am running the 285/75r16's on my rig and would like to do the same on the trailer. What hubs did you use? I have the 5x120 lug pattern on my Land Rover. I figured the build would be cheaper than buying new. Also, I haven't seen anything that can accommodate the 4 wheeler/riding mower.