Overland Hound

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
To all the hound owners, is there are tips we can try to get Mekia to calm down and stop whining in the rig? She get's super excited to go for a ride, and then in the Rig she just whines. We have her in her harness with the safety belt attached. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. We don't want to have to leave her to go on adventures!

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

To all the hound owners, is there are tips we can try to get Mekia to calm down and stop whining in the rig? She get's super excited to go for a ride, and then in the Rig she just whines. We have her in her harness with the safety belt attached. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. We don't want to have to leave her to go on adventures!
Melatonin. Natural, and helps when clipping nails, driving, or any successful activity. Obviously it's not 100% foolproof, though, but it helps

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Melatonin. Natural, and helps when clipping nails, driving, or any successful activity. Obviously it's not 100% foolproof, though, but it helps
I will have to have a look. Thanks. She's never had any training since a puppy, so we are working with her to get her to the point where we can take her out in society and she behave correctly.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

20210519_092632.jpg
I will have to have a look. Thanks. She's never had any training since a puppy, so we are working with her to get her to the point where we can take her out in society and she behave correctly.
Old dogs CAN learn new tricks. Ha ha. It's all about the treats.

Attachments

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

I’ve always had dogs in my lif, the last 20 plus years it’s been anything with a blocky head (aka pibbles) they have been great companions on our trips. Usually rescue as a pair, this is our current furry overlanders.

Attachments