Overland Hound

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
And Princess Molly, our deaf BC Husky mix. We adopted her from the SPCA 7 years ago, and then 5 years ago brought Ichabod (above) into our home to be a companion and sheepdog for her. He's the best brother we could have ever asked for, loyal to a fault, always keeps an eye on her, we've trained him to "go get Molly" when she goes on a wander, and he is very protective of her. Given the quiet world she lives in, she can be quite scared or get startled at other incoming dogs. Ichabod has put himself between her an inbound off leash dogs on more than one occasion. Our dogs come pretty much every where with us, couldn't imagine it any other way.

View attachment 181585
Awesome, you got your dog a seeing EAR dog. too cool! We are trying to get a husky now.

Reactions: trikebubble

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I am sitting here anxiously awaiting 6am tomorrow morning when I live to go get our new doggie. We cannot wait to have her home with us. Then the fun starts. Breaking her of some of her lack of training from the previous owner. They work long hours every day so they could not spend the time needed with this beautiufl husky. We can, and will. It's a family member, not a pet.

Reactions: Sparksalot

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Just a note here to everyone. I am pushing out a big LIKE to every picture here. I will take me hours to go back through. DOGS RULE, LIKE ON EM ALL!!!!!!!! ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Next question, who lets their husky off leash>?
My girl passed away at 13.5 years old two years ago this April.
I learned my lesson letting Lily off the leash back in AZ. We could be on a weekend camping trip up north to a day trip at the lakes she would always look for other dogs to chase and insert her dominance over.
My FlatCoat could care less about other dogs, as long as you had a tennis ball she only cared about the game.
Fast forward I still have Bear and my two new Black Mouth Curs. I have GPS collars and if I don’t want them to take off on a sniffing adventure I need to keep one on lead at all times. The only exception to this rule is deep snow.
Back to Lily
I found her prey drive to kick in on small dogs, and she was a dominant female.

Attachments

Reactions: David_561cfd

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Just a note here to everyone. I am pushing out a big LIKE to every picture here. I will take me hours to go back through. DOGS RULE, LIKE ON EM ALL!!!!!!!! ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Next question, who lets their husky off leash>?
My girl passed away at 13.5 years old two years ago this April.
I learned my lesson letting Lily off the leash back in AZ. We could be on a weekend camping trip up north to a day trip at the lakes she would always look for other dogs to chase and insert her dominance over.
My FlatCoat could care less about other dogs, as long as you had a tennis ball she only cared about the game.
Fast forward I still have Bear and my two new Black Mouth Curs. I have GPS collars and if I don’t want them to take off on a sniffing adventure I need to keep one on lead at all times. The only exception to this rule is deep snow.
Back to Lily
I found her prey drive to kick in on small dogs, and she was a dominant female.
Lily pics

Attachments

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Stella blue
Yeah this my first attempt a dog entry system into the RTT, yoga mats n straps
Were there any little feet dents in your hood after this? I have two 65-70lbs dogs that I wanna try this with but am not 100% sure it would be a good idea

Tony R

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Well I’m a PDR tech that fixes dents for a living so dents don’t scare me . she is 60 pounds and I know she will not put dents on it just by standing on the hood she might if she jumped from the roof. It’s temporary, my plan is a rigid “cat walk” from the roof rack to the loop on future front bumper and step down on front , or so sort of hanging steps on front of the RTT like water entry steps I see for boats , both designs require high strength and I’m working out details, the yoga mat’s work pretty good but I do have to get up n dressed and down on the ground to help her and make sure she doesn’t walk all over the hood. It will lightly scratch the hood if it’s dirty so not the best option.

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
We have mekia (Mika) home. She is adjusting really well for being just taken away from her current home to moving to a new house. She is BEAUTIFUL. I will post photos tomorrow of her.
I was out camping this weekend with my hound. Exactly one year after I first took her camping, and at the same spot. The first time you could tell she was anxious by how much she scooted closer to me the longer we were in the car. Now she's a camping pro!