Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

As long as the UK patch doesn't end up with the steriotypical landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, "Big Ben" or other such tourist trap

Additionally will the UK be divided into their respective Countries? England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales! Each have their own identities.

Just a thought!

Last edited:

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

As long as the UK patch doesn't end up with the steriotypical landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, "Big Ben" or other such tourist trap

Additionally will the UK be divided into their respective Countries? England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales! Each have their own identities.

Just a thought!
I had suggested earlier (earlier in these posts) that there should be regions for UK like you have mentioned - similar to USA there are areas which a patch would be good for [emoji1]

Sent from Mobile App

Reactions: Tim

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

have you put any thoughts to paper for possible patches?
I've thought about it but have yet to put pen to paper to air some design ideas lol

I live in the East of England but originally from the Outer Hebrides in West Coast of Scotland so.. slightly torn between throughto for Scottish patch and where I am stuck land wise in England lol

I only the other day sorted my own patch (waiting to get digital stitch done by friend and then printed) Hebridean-Overlander-Logo-blue.jpg

Sent from Mobile App

Reactions: Tim

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I've thought about it but have yet to put pen to paper to air some design ideas lol

I live in the East of England but originally from the Outer Hebrides in West Coast of Scotland so.. slightly torn between throughto for Scottish patch and where I am stuck land wise in England lol

I only the other day sorted my own patch (waiting to get digital stitch done by friend and then printed) View attachment 22354

Sent from Mobile App
loving the Defender and the Puffin (I have a bit of an affinity with Puffins - long story)

Obviously the flag could be changed for a decent one. ha ha ha only joking

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I had suggested earlier (earlier in these posts) that there should be regions for UK like you have mentioned - similar to USA there are areas which a patch would be good for [emoji1]

Sent from Mobile App
I don't think we need to break it down into Counties although each has its own identity. it would cost a fortune to have them all made.

any thoughts?

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

I don't think we need to break it down into Counties although each has its own identity. it would cost a fortune to have them all made.

any thoughts?
Oh yeah i know it wont be down to counties as that would take a long while as we know in UK,
But it was more of saying thats what i did for me for my own logo which i finally sorted out
didnt take long to sit on Macbook and design in photoshop..

But the different borders is what we need for the UK regional ones

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

That's why I suggested a map of the uk with the uj or maybe the national flag of each country Ireland wales Scotland uk on it
indeed that could work - same style as how the US ones have for differnt badges (not necessarilly OB)

I have seen (on other things) US use the outline of the State they are representing - that could / would work in this instance here for the 4 Regions of GB