Overland Bound Regions!

• HTML tutorial

wjwhitsel03

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Yes these patches look awesome and I've got some bare headliner available. Can't wait start with a mid-west and earn the rest.

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Hey all!

There is a strong need for us to expand our region presence for those who would like to connect locally! We've been working hard on this! We are designating regional Ambassadors who will be the primary point of contact for the area. We haven't recruited for Ambassadors, these are individuals who have emerged naturally, and are heavily engaged with the Overland Bound community. The Ambassador position will shift to others as life happens, and is not a permanent post. In keeping with our core principles, it is very much a position of service to the community.

After much Deliberation, here are our final regions in the U.S. We will also be designating regions globally as we go forward.

View attachment 19930

The regions are based on the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Department of the Interior. @Steve has taken on the role of global Ambassador

Our good friend, and I think, like the 3rd member of these forums @Steve is taking on the role of overall Ambassador to field questions and offer any neccessary guidance to all regions. Regions are:
  1. NorthWest - Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho
  2. West - Nevada, California, Hawaii - @Michael
  3. Rocky Mountain - Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Kansas
  4. SouthWest - Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma
  5. MidWest - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa
  6. SouthEast - Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Puerto Rico - @Dananc
  7. East - Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West virginia. Virginia, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Delaware - @Chris Jones
Each region will have a logo (see above) and patch, and will likely have a Facebook group. We have been in touch with facebook groups that already exist to see if they would like to be the "Official" Overland Bound facebook group for the region, and we will be communicating more about that soon!

We'll be adjusting the region section of the forums - Of course you do not have to move or stop participating if your lines are redrawn.

The patches will be available soon, and can have your number added for those that want to represent their region, or show which regions they've been too!

As always, glad to have your questions!

M
Fun!

I would argue that Texas is it's own region, but I get it. :tonguewink:

There is a large and active FB group of Texas Overland that has a lot of KMZ files of Texas routes stored in the "files" section of the FB page. I'm not sure if you're wanting to get them on board with you ( @Michael ) or not. I *think* the Texas Overland FB group owner/head is on here, but I can't remember what his username is.

Anyways, I'll chip in with Texas information once everything is live.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Fun!

I would argue that Texas is it's own region, but I get it. :tonguewink:

There is a large and active FB group of Texas Overland that has a lot of KMZ files of Texas routes stored in the "files" section of the FB page. I'm not sure if you're wanting to get them on board with you ( @Michael ) or not. I *think* the Texas Overland FB group owner/head is on here, but I can't remember what his username is.

Anyways, I'll chip in with Texas information once everything is live.
I would say the same for Texas but then, we would have to let the other 49 define themselves. [emoji12]

Lipek

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I'd like to see northeast, mid Atlantic and southeast regions but this is good enough [emoji23]

Reactions: Luis Merlo

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
Excited to see this get started. I hope this will help encourage participation in group trips for those of us in the Eastern half of the US. I love the west, but it's just too far for me here in Ohio to get out to very often. Made me feel a little on the sidelines watching videos of all those great trips out west. Looking forward to being more involved with the Midwest region. Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

The regional badges look fantastic. I thought this was a great idea from inception and it looks like it's going to greatly benefit the overlanding community as a whole. Behind it 100% and very much looking forward to seeing it roll out.