Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Thinking about the commercial aspect of these badges I still feel that a single badge covering the whole of the UK would be the way to go. I would even say that would be the same for every country outside of the US with the possible exception of Canada.
It depends on uptake and "demand" for it so we will see in coming weeks I would think [emoji4]

Sent from Mobile App

Reactions: Tim

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

, Cornwall PL17 , United Kingdom
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Oh gees! The very cute "Adventure is Necessary" sticker and patch just appeared in the store just now. I reloaded the page just now.
https://store.overlandbound.com/collections/frontpage/products/adventure-is-necessary-sticker
View attachment 23469
https://store.overlandbound.com/collections/frontpage/products/adventure-is-necessary-patch
View attachment 23471
Do I wait for a while to see if anything else appears over the next day or so or submit another order? I hate making decisions.:tonguewink:
A patch has just turned up

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

I was just thinking a trip with the aim to visit each region and collect a patch would be a great adventure. Could make a great gps navigation event!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Yes - both the Regional Patches and the Adventure is Necessary (sticker and patch) went live on the store while we were at Expo. The regional patches were certainly a hit - we sold out of both West and Soutwest on day 1 - with lots of members waiting to get them from the store so they could get their member number on them.

Expo was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Very cool, thanks for explanation.

Sent from my SM-S906L using OB Talk mobile app
You are very welcome! Since I was born in London, England and reared in Ireland, I have had a deep interest in British politics and culture. The British Isles have a rich and varied history and has always fascinated me. My family is spread far and wide across most of the United Kingdom. Even the history of the iconic Union Jack is cool and its inclusive design is very clever!
678263_orig.jpg
Much has changed over the years and continues to change. I recently watched a very good video on Youtube, which goes into some detail regarding the differences between the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England. I will post it below in case you find it interesting.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

You are very welcome! Since I was born in London, England and reared in Ireland, I have had a deep interest in British politics and culture. The British Isles have a rich and varied history and has always fascinated me. My family is spread far and wide across most of the United Kingdom. Even the history of the iconic Union Jack is cool and its inclusive design is very clever!
View attachment 23737
Much has changed over the years and continues to change. I recently watched a very good video on Youtube, which goes into some detail regarding the differences between the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England. I will post it below in case you find it interesting.
thanks for the clips, it was interesting but I don't entirely agree with it all. I must admit that when it comes to the Union Flag I do get irritated when it is flown incorrectly. I guess it's due to my near quarter century in the Royal Navy. So much for the "patriotic" members of the British society who simply don't fully understand their own flag. Alternatively they're just simply ignorant. I have enclosed two flags below, the first is correct and the second is incorrect. In addition the term "Union Jack" historically was only used by members of the Navy and so "Union Flag" was generally used elsewhere.

2017-05-17-07-29-04--1608040116.png
Studio_20170517_072933.png

Thanks all

Attachments

Last edited:

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I'd love a West Patch with my number on it! This is too cool.
You're in luck.:sunglasses: It is now possible to order it from the store. I ordered a West Patch with my number on it last Sunday morning. I assume that it will take a while for them to be individually inscribed with your member number and shipped as they are probably going to be very popular. I'm excited though to finally receive it and add it to the still-to-be-shipped-and-installed headliner on my Jeep JK Unlimited. You live in Sunnyvale, we're neighbors!

Reactions: Simon Wolfe

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

You're in luck.:sunglasses: It is now possible to order it from the store. I ordered a West Patch with my number on it last Sunday morning. I assume that it will take a while for them to be individually inscribed with your member number and shipped as they are probably going to be very popular. I'm excited though to finally receive it and add it to the still-to-be-shipped-and-installed headliner on my Jeep JK Unlimited. You live in Sunnyvale, we're neighbors!
I just went over to the store and ordered one with my number on it. I wonder if they would do stickers, I'd totally put one on the Land Rover.

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I just went over to the store and ordered one with my number on it. I wonder if they would do stickers, I'd totally put one on the Land Rover.
Me too! I look forward to visiting all the regions and collecting them all. Just have to build up my vacation time in work first.

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Yeah, that is always the tricky part... You are right we are pretty close. We should meet up some time for coffee.

Reactions: Sean S