Overland Bound Expedition Flags

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
Haha. I love it. Tell me more.

roamingtimber

Rank V

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I was thinking something like this:
http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Moosejaw-Flag_10085467_10208_10000001_-1_

Moosejaw has had a lot of success with it, lots of their customers have taken the flags around the world and sent back pictures, if a retail company can get that kind of response from customers, a community like this ought to do at least as well. I'd charge more than a buck, but that's just me, I'd say you need to at least break even.

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I was thinking something like this:
http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Moosejaw-Flag_10085467_10208_10000001_-1_

Moosejaw has had a lot of success with it, lots of their customers have taken the flags around the world and sent back pictures, if a retail company can get that kind of response from customers, a community like this ought to do at least as well. I'd charge more than a buck, but that's just me, I'd say you need to at least break even.
Do people leave the flag at the site or take a photo with it, then take it home?

M

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I like it. That was my question, really. No litter. It's an interesting concept. Good thoughts!

-M

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Supporter +

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

You take it with you. Leave no trace, take only pictures and memories. I suppose you could tack one to the wall in certain types of bars though...
My local watering hole is lookin a lil low... lets spice it up with some black n gold (yellow really)....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robby

roamingtimber

Rank V

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I just did a short trip, took a bunch of Instagram shots featuring the OB logo. I used either the sticker on my Jeep, my hat or my patch on my pack. Had to be pretty creative. An Expedition Flag would have come in handy. I think yellow and black would pop best in photos, but that's just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Michael