Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
From the trip today to Squaw Ridge Jeep trail. This was the other trail i was looking at for us to adopt. Stock full size rigs not recommended. Found an awesome spot to sent the night. To run the whole trail it should be a two day trip. Curt_JK also found a geocache on the ridge.

Curt_JK thank you for the two spot to get me over those rocks and have no damage.

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
From the trip today to Squaw Ridge Jeep trail. This was the other trail i was looking at for us to adopt. Stock full size rigs not recommended. Found an awesome spot to sent the night. To run the whole trail it should be a two day trip. Curt_JK also found a geocache on the ridge.

Curt_JK thank you for the two spot to get me over those rocks and have no damage.
Looks nice out!

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
Great job on scouting these out! I suggest you contact the Forest service and let them know our group can help with trail maintenance. Find out what the requirements are, like 2 cleanups a year etc. Those are great trails, and even though some may not be good for full size vehicles, we have enough members to clean those 2 trails a couple of times a year.

Looks like that sign needs repair!

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
I am thinking of going camping then I saw the review of Plummer Ridge and Baltic Ridge trail run that someone just ran a few weeks back. Anyone interested in running this trail in a day or making it a 2 day trip?

Ridge Runner Tundra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Woodbridge, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Cimoli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6UDC
Will there be any Zoom meetups or regular meetups happening again soon. I just found this thread and we live down by Lodi, so this is closer then Ripon. Looking forward to meeting some mew people. I have mostly a stock rig at the moment.

Reactions: Offroadtails

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
Yes a zoom meeting will go out before the date. I normally send out to our email list, and try and post the link on the meetup notice. If you would like to be emailed, please PM me your email address.

Runner1

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Granite Bay, CA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Johnk
I am am a new member looking to see if the August monthly meeting is still happening and if so, when where and is it going to be held.

Chevy_lander

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Hey guys, new to the community and new to overlanding/ offroading. I'm trying to join one of your meet ups and they all seem to be full. Would it be possible to add couple more spots for on the meet up?

Thanks

Currently building up my rig which is a 2015 Silverado 1500

Reactions: RoarinRow

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
Meetings are typically held 3rd thursday of the month. I'm going to have to cancel Septembers meetup, unless another member can put a zoom meeting together.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Meetings are typically held 3rd thursday of the month. I'm going to have to cancel Septembers meetup, unless another member can put a zoom meeting together.
I going to try to host this months meeting. I never host

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
I just sent out an invite for a zoom meeting for tomorrow at 7PM. If you are not on the email list, please message me and I will send you the invite.

Reactions: Curt_JK

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
This weeks zoom meeting only had 2 people on the call, I did notice that someone tried to join after the meeting had already been completed.

1. I am planning a day run next Saturday the 26th. Rally point to come. All safety protocols will be followed.
  2. Question to the group: would everyone be willing to meet in person next month? This meeting will be outdoors and start @ 6:30PM so we can not have the whole meeting in the dark. Please comment, thank you.
  3. the FS is not taking any new volunteers until the pandemic is over, so we will have to wait to adopt any trails.
thank you,

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
I put in a rally point for this Saturday. Looking to explore some back country south of lower bear reservoir. May also throw in some geocaching as well.

Reactions: RoarinRow