Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Finally found my (local) people! Hey y'all, I'm originally from Sac / Elk Grove (down the street from that Best Buy in fact), now up towards EDH.

Hope to make the next Zoom meet, I'll take an add to the list @Offroadtails.

Planning to try and get out to Strawberry Creek Barn with my friend out here, have a lot of trail hunting to do this year!
Welcome. I will put you on the list.

Reactions: TheRebelTesh

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Thursday, March 18th will be our next scheduled meeting. It will be held in person at the same location as last month. I will send out a zoom meeting invite as well. I hope to see you there.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Good Morning,

I will be there at Steve’s Pizza tonight. With us being in the red tier now, I want to give some support to them. I will be there around 6:30 to eat dinner. Meeting starts at 7PM. Hope you see you in person.

Reactions: RoarinRow

TheRebelTesh

Rank IV

Advocate III

California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
As luck would have it - my truck's EPS failed and is in with the dealer now.

If I end up coming with a different rig, is there a plan for meeting outdoors, or is Steve's ok with a group inside?

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
As luck would have it - my truck's EPS failed and is in with the dealer now.

If I end up coming with a different rig, is there a plan for meeting outdoors, or is Steve's ok with a group inside?
I am leaving work in a bit and will go and check in with them. If we can’t meet inside, I will reply here. The plan is to park at the side of Best Buy, not sure which vehicle I will be in. So just circle the parking area between Best Buy and Cicada Cantina.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Update for tonight. I was just there and we can meet inside in the dining room. Their capacity at 25% is 47 people. In all the times we have had meeting there it was never close to that amount.

If you choose to show please be respectful of everyone’s beliefs and follow proper safety protocols. I will be having dinner there tonight around 6:30.

If you have questions, send me a DM.

Thank you,

Markus

inigo620

Rank II

Contributor III

Stockton, CA, USA
First Name
Inigo
Last Name
Marquez
Member #

Greetings from Stockton, casual OB guest here but just activated and looking to start being active in the community. Will be watching this forum for opportunities to hopefully join!

Reactions: Offroadtails

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Greetings from Stockton, casual OB guest here but just activated and looking to start being active in the community. Will be watching this forum for opportunities to hopefully join!
Welcome, our next meeting will be April 15th at 7PM and lasts an hour. With longer daylight we can also be outside to review our rigs.

See you there everyone.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Just a reminder that we can meet in person at Steve’s Pizza again. Bring you Ideas so we can get some events on the books.

Safety Protocols still in place.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Any source for good beginner trails in the area?
Good Afternoon Joel,
Being new to this myself, I rely on this site and some other ones out there. I did start with Backcountry Adventures by Peter Massy and Jeanné Wilson. It is more geared for SUV‘s so it was perfect for me running a stock a Taco. Check out the Overland Trips and Events section and hit the “watch” button for anything you like to follow. There are 2 other groups in the area that have a lot planned for this summer. Sierra Foothills and Tri-Valley in Pleasanton. You can also go onto the FS website and look at their trail maps, but they don’t rate them. The trips I led were all easy and as I get more comfortable I will find more challenging ones.

Welcome to Overland Bound and see you on the trails.

Reactions: joel3000