First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Good Morning,

This coming Thursday will be our normal scheduled meeting day at Steve’s Pizza at 7PM. Otter155 has stepped back, so if anyone would like to take over leadership of the group that would be great. There is a group in the room until 7 so we might have to start the meeting in the dining room. Please bring your ideas.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Hello I'm looking to meet people and go on some easy off road adventures. Just started building my F150 for overlanding.
I would like to join your meeting.
Ruben
It was great meeting you last night and I would like to thank you for showing us your rig after the meeting. If you can please share your build with the rest of OB community.

Reactions: Doc Runner

Chevy_lander

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Im new to the Sacramento area and I’ve been trying to join this groups meeting for a while now and it’s always full to RSVP. Can I still show up? Would love a chance to meet some of you live

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Hey Everyone,

Im new to the Sacramento area and I’ve been trying to join this groups meeting for a while now and it’s always full to RSVP. Can I still show up? Would love a chance to meet some of you live
You can always show up, no need to RSVP. Hope to see you at August’s meeting.

Reactions: Chevy_lander

Chevy_lander

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

RubesF150

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Hello I'm looking to meet people and go on some easy off road adventures. Just started building my F150 for overlanding.
I would like to join your meeting.
Ruben
It was great meeting you last night and I would like to thank you for showing us your rig after the meeting. If you can please share your build with the rest of OB community.
It was nice meeting you guys too. Are we still on for 8-13-21? I’m looking forward to the trip.

Curt_JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

666 Florin Road, Sacramento 95831
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QMH
It was nice meeting you guys too. Are we still on for 8-13-21? I’m looking forward to the trip.
I was watching the Tarmarack fire since it had closed the 395 for awhile, but it is again open.
Here is what I propose -
Leave 8/13 for Bridgeport, then take the Masonic Trail (in Peter Masey's "Backcountry Adventures Nor Cal" book) to Masonic and find a place to disperse camp.
8/14 - Take the FR 169 to Bodie; spend some time seeing the sights. Drive to the Mono Lake Visitor center to find a place to camp near Mono Lake.
8/15 - Depending on mood, some more sightseeing, then drive back to Sacramento.

You will need a radio (either CB, FRS, GMRS, or Amateur. I have all those in my Jeep but GMRS seems most popular).

RubesF150

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Allen
Member #

I was watching the Tarmarack fire since it had closed the 395 for awhile, but it is again open.
Here is what I propose -
Leave 8/13 for Bridgeport, then take the Masonic Trail (in Peter Masey's "Backcountry Adventures Nor Cal" book) to Masonic and find a place to disperse camp.
8/14 - Take the FR 169 to Bodie; spend some time seeing the sights. Drive to the Mono Lake Visitor center to find a place to camp near Mono Lake.
8/15 - Depending on mood, some more sightseeing, then drive back to Sacramento.

You will need a radio (either CB, FRS, GMRS, or Amateur. I have all those in my Jeep but GMRS seems most popular).

I’m in. I’m not sure about navigating on this app. How do we communicate on the meeting time and place? Do I reserve a spot? Thanks for the info.
Feel free to call or text me.
Ruben 408-313-1610

Curt_JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

666 Florin Road, Sacramento 95831
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QMH
I’m in. I’m not sure about navigating on this app. How do we communicate on the meeting time and place? Do I reserve a spot? Thanks for the info.
Feel free to call or text me.
Ruben 408-313-1610
Great, I'll text you some info. If anyone else is interested, message me here or reply to this post.

Last edited:

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Hey all, trying to make it to my first meet up. Is the next meet the second week of Aug?
Our meet ups on on the 3 Thursday of the month at 7PM at Steve’s Pizza in Elk Grove. There is a trip to Bodie planned for the weekend of 13th of August.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Great, I'll text you some info. If anyone else is interested, message me here or reply to this post.
I made a rally point for the trip and made Curt_JK as an admin As well. I will make updates on details.