Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Earthscape Overland - Orangeville
I am looking for some decent spots like lookouts points, good fishing lakes, decent campgrounds. I have been driving to Owen sound for years to visit my wife's family and finally moved here about 3 ish months ago.
Looking to get out once the weather warms up hopefully ( if lockdowns are lighter ). Any tips?

Earthscape Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orangeville, Dufferin County, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Soper
Member #

I don't know of anything out near Owen Sound but there are some in the Lake of bays area. Since covid they are over run so you would need to go during the week, during high season or just go in the off season. Look for Bigwind lake Provincial park just north of 118. Go out and explore the area around the park. There are a few nice spots in between 117 and 118. Like I said....forget about the weekends, way to busy. Happy hunting.

Reactions: ORO and Trail_pilot

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I don't know of anything out near Owen Sound but there are some in the Lake of bays area. Since covid they are over run so you would need to go during the week, during high season or just go in the off season. Look for Bigwind lake Provincial park just north of 118. Go out and explore the area around the park. There are a few nice spots in between 117 and 118. Like I said....forget about the weekends, way to busy. Happy hunting.
+1 on Bigwind. Unfortunately it's closer to where @Trail_pilot came "from". I watched your Bruce Peninsula one day trip video this morning and it looked good. I spent a lot of time in Owen Sound over the years (great Lacrosse town as is Orangeville) but never had the time to get out and look around. It's on my list and thanks for your video!

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I'll have to check out big wind. I know my way around the lake of bays area mainly from rock crawling on the timber trails with my TJ, and I know a bit around Minden and 118. I usually try to run Anson South trail at least once a year and was on my list for this summer too. I am trying to get my wife into it a little more and bring my son with me to a nice spot I can get to with my compass. Lake of bays wouldn't be a bad spot but like you said it's busy. Ardbeg was crazy last year too.

Reactions: Earthscape Overland

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Hey all!! Kinda went hiatus over the last bit, so reposting. From Keswick, went to OverlandNth in 2020. Can't wait for this year's event!!! Especially with a newer rig.
I moved away from Keswick about 6 months ago. Nice little place. Unless it's not little anymore lmao. They were building all kinds of subdivisions when I left.

Zoverland19

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Keswick, Ontario
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Brunton
Hey all!! Kinda went hiatus over the last bit, so reposting. From Keswick, went to OverlandNth in 2020. Can't wait for this year's event!!! Especially with a newer rig.
I moved away from Keswick about 6 months ago. Nice little place. Unless it's not little anymore lmao. They were building all kinds of subdivisions when I left.
It's little still for now lol with the 404 extension in now I don't expect it to last very long.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland