Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
I sent you a PM.

Edit:
Thanks @Vandy, I received the GPX files. I look forward to being able to camp right on the shore of Broken Bow.
No doubt. The road is the main road (or so it seems. We kept getting right up to it. But then found a locked gate. That trail gpx was done on the way out then into hotchatown so it should get you right there. I've got another on from just east of 3 sticks in the legal side of the k trail if you need/want it. Nothing real technical but it was fun. Didnt seem like anyone had been down part of it for a while. Had to get pretty skinny lol

Reactions: kingofthehill29

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

We drove down there then on the beach for a while going south. But it started getting pretty soft. There is some strange stuff out there. We had some wierd stuff happen lol. But if your not easily spooked by Blair witch type stuff its pretty cool
I would like to hear more about the weird stuff.

Reactions: OkieOverlander

kingofthehill29

Rank II

Advocate II

No doubt. The road is the main road (or so it seems. We kept getting right up to it. But then found a locked gate. That trail gpx was done on the way out then into hotchatown so it should get you right there. I've got another on from just east of 3 sticks in the legal side of the k trail if you need/want it. Nothing real technical but it was fun. Didnt seem like anyone had been down part of it for a while. Had to get pretty skinny lol
No need there. I went an ran part of the K-trail last fall. It was pretty fun. Wish the whole trail was open. It would be fun to run it from Clayton to Arkansas.

Last edited:
Reactions: OkieOverlander

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
No need there. I wen an ran part of the K-trail last fall. It was pretty fun. Wish the whole trail was open. It would be fun to run it from Clayton to Arkansas.
Yea I keep hearing people talking about running it with no problems but who knows. I keep an eye out for land out there. Found a patch that backed up to the trail. The thought crossed my mind to buy it and give groups the ok to come out and camp. That would be a loop hole if you got stopped. Your either coming or going from my land and therefore "legally" be on the trail right?

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
Ok, so I've got a new (to me) rig. It's an 03 TJ. The last owner was a teenage girl who wound up wrecking it, it's sat for over 3 years after it was fixed(ish). With a fresh battery fresh tank of gas and a can of berryman's B12 it fired right up. It's not perfect or pretty so I don't mind if it gets scratched up while taking it on the trails. It's a 4.0 with a 5-speed. The frame is straight with minimal surface rust. The only has death wobble it has is beyween 45 to 50. I picked it up for only 4 grand, it only has 82,000 Miles when I got it with a non salvage title. it'll be a while before I'm able to do anything anything as far as upgrades due to finances. It's not an 80 series but I'm pretty happy with it, other then it costing almost $600 to get the tags up to date.

20190508_124602.jpg20190508_124552.jpg20190508_124616.jpg20190508_124625.jpg20190508_124706.jpg

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Staying at home hoping the rain stops. SHEESH! Should have gotten a boat instead of a 4Runner LOL but really enough with the rain.
You have the front of a boat on that 4runner of yours. I think it'll work well for planing in the flooding just put a trolling motor out one of the windows.

kingofthehill29

Rank II

Advocate II

Staying at home hoping the rain stops. SHEESH! Should have gotten a boat instead of a 4Runner LOL but really enough with the rain.
I am so sick of the rain too. We have that black clay and when it gets wet it stays wet and sticky for a long time. Our dirt has only dried up 3 times since last September. I am also tired of people saying we need the rain.

Good news is it looks like the rain will stop before memorial day weekend then start back up on Tuesday. Im planning to go camping with my brother. We just haven't picked an area to go yet.

Reactions: Hirvy

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
I am so sick of the rain too. We have that black clay and when it gets wet it stays wet and sticky for a long time. Our dirt has only dried up 3 times since last September. I am also tired of people saying we need the rain.

Good news is it looks like the rain will stop before memorial day weekend then start back up on Tuesday. Im planning to go camping with my brother. We just haven't picked an area to go yet.
Most of our lakes are closed cause of the flooding. I have a river in my front yard ..the Deep Fork river is running down the road.. @Hirvy wife stole the 4Runner to get back and forth to work..

Reactions: Hirvy