Rank II

Member I

Hinton, Oklahoma
First Name
Gared
Last Name
Findley
Member #

I like the setup. Maybe some more pics if you have them on the trailer and it’s build up.
heres a few more pics.
its 4x8 basically, 4x6 box with 2 ft tray on the front. 3500 lb axle, for stronger bearings, with matching hub pattern for jeep, so the wheels and tires will swap over. 2200 lb springs, so the suspension rides smooth. Max coupler on the front, stabilizer jacks front and rear. light enough I can move it around by hand if needed. group 31 deep cycle to run lights and everything. solar to keep it charged, as well as wired to charge when driving. rack on top is same as jeep, so I can transfer things easily. led lights throughout. it was my first build, so I would change a few things next time. everytrip out I'm moving stuff inside, so the inside is a changing work in progress. but so far ive been happy. working on an adjustable mount for my awning, now that I have moved it to the trailer.IMG_0413.JPG IMG_0522.JPG IMG_0530.JPG IMG_1328.jpg IMG_1354.jpg IMG_1363.jpg IMG_1731.jpg IMG_1802.jpg IMG_1804.jpg IMG_1824.jpg

OkieGobi

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawton, Oklahoma, USA
Member #

Nice set up. Have you had it down to the Sandy Sanders WMA since it's kind of in your area? I plan on going there this spring for a few days.
I've been wanting to hit this area up as well. A friend of mine was a biologist there for several years, so I've started picking his brain about best areas to explore, campsites, etc...

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

heres a few more pics.
its 4x8 basically, 4x6 box with 2 ft tray on the front. 3500 lb axle, for stronger bearings, with matching hub pattern for jeep, so the wheels and tires will swap over. 2200 lb springs, so the suspension rides smooth. Max coupler on the front, stabilizer jacks front and rear. light enough I can move it around by hand if needed. group 31 deep cycle to run lights and everything. solar to keep it charged, as well as wired to charge when driving. rack on top is same as jeep, so I can transfer things easily. led lights throughout. it was my first build, so I would change a few things next time. everytrip out I'm moving stuff inside, so the inside is a changing work in progress. but so far ive been happy. working on an adjustable mount for my awning, now that I have moved it to the trailer.View attachment 83154 View attachment 83155 View attachment 83156 View attachment 83157 View attachment 83159 View attachment 83161 View attachment 83162 View attachment 83163 View attachment 83164 View attachment 83165
Great job on the trailer looks good.

Walter

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Katie Okla.
Member #

Anyone down to have a meetup? Say down at cross bar?
I live close to the Crossbar and in the early days it was a great family oriented place to go although it was just for motorcycles and ATV's. I helped build and maintain the trails there. I go back every now and then since I live so close but it has really turned into a shit hole. Great place to go if you want to get drunk and raise hell with a side by side then get hurt. Not the crowd that believes in "Tread Lightly". Last time I went I got stuck in a 1 1/2 hour long traffic jam in the woods between mud holes and fire ant hills. That night the drunks in there side by sides destroyed the overflow camping area buy cutting donuts in the wet ground. Not on my list of places to go.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

@Walter I've only been out there once and it was early last summer with a couple of guys here. I didn't get the vibe you're talking about at all. Couple of families in RVs with side by sides and a few camping. However doesn't seem like many people work there so I could see it turning into chaos if there's little supervision and a large crowd. Probably depends on the weekend. I'm down for a meetup wherever.

Reactions: OkieOverlander

Walter

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Katie Okla.
Member #

@Walter I've only been out there once and it was early last summer with a couple of guys here. I didn't get the vibe you're talking about at all. Couple of families in RVs with side by sides and a few camping. However doesn't seem like many people work there so I could see it turning into chaos if there's little supervision and a large crowd. Probably depends on the weekend. I'm down for a meetup wherever.
I think it was the 1st of last Nov. that things changed. The City of Davis leased the property to a power sports dealer and it is primarily being used by side by sides as that is what they sell and promote. It's a large area and I am hopping that they will divide it into different areas for different veh but if that happens I suspect that Jeeps will get thrown in with side by sides. Im going to wait on the weather to get a little better and head for Sandy Sanders WM area in SW Ok.

Reactions: OkieOverlander

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

That’s sad to hear I have never been but I have been to the off-road park by Wilburton and it’s fantastic. It’s much smaller but really technical and rocky and has camping.

Reactions: Walter and KDC

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
I live close to the Crossbar and in the early days it was a great family oriented place to go although it was just for motorcycles and ATV's. I helped build and maintain the trails there. I go back every now and then since I live so close but it has really turned into a shit hole. Great place to go if you want to get drunk and raise hell with a side by side then get hurt. Not the crowd that believes in "Tread Lightly". Last time I went I got stuck in a 1 1/2 hour long traffic jam in the woods between mud holes and fire ant hills. That night the drunks in there side by sides destroyed the overflow camping area buy cutting donuts in the wet ground. Not on my list of places to go.
Agreed.... I got into overlanding to get away from all that, drinking, loud music, destruction.

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
Cool. I’ve never been there but seen a post somewhere where a group had went over and recently cleaned up a few trails and was talking of maybe cutting some new ones.

I’m closer to the red rock canyon. Don’t believe there is any off road trails but maybe some quiet camping. This maybe my first go to this spring.

Reactions: Walter