Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
Hey guys. I meant to post this a while ago but with all the chat about the ktrail..... me and a buddy ran the trail from just east of 3 sticks around to the east side of broken bow lake and camped right on the water. Was a good 2 days. We ran into a couple locals and got nothing but a wave. While the trail is by no means technical, it was fun. Couple spots where very narrow. Got some new scratches. We were out in 10 inches of rain in 2 days. If anyone wants the gpx files hit me up.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Hey guys. I meant to post this a while ago but with all the chat about the ktrail..... me and a buddy ran the trail from just east of 3 sticks around to the east side of broken bow lake and camped right on the water. Was a good 2 days. We ran into a couple locals and got nothing but a wave. While the trail is by no means technical, it was fun. Couple spots where very narrow. Got some new scratches. We were out in 10 inches of rain in 2 days. If anyone wants the gpx files hit me up.
Pics! I have yet to venture the K-Trail east of Three Sticks!

Reactions: r_horner

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
I thought I had more pics but here are some. 1st pic was our 1st camp spot of the night. Nothing special. Like I said it was pouring rain on us all night. Had a strange visitor the 1st night about 330 am. Still not sure what to think about it. I wouldnt reccomend doing this solo. U can see by one of the pics further down, there are some strange people in the are. We saw a lot of wierd stuff on the side of the trails.
We got a pic of the fancy oklahoma/ark state line lol. There was a church camp right there. Place was in the middle of no where. And a little sketchy looking. Not sure I'd send my kiddo lol. The camp site on the east side of broken bow was hard to get to. You have to go thru some private hunting land and it seems to be an unending maze of locked fences. But we finally figured it out. Camp spot was great. Great view of the lake. You could tell some kids liked to go out there and party. But we didnt see any. Had a strange.....explosion (for lack of better description) that morning about 5am. The kid wanted to sleep in the truck that night and I cant see out of my windows at night so I didnt see anything. But it woke me and my buddy up. It shook both of our trucks pretty good. I thought it was an earthquake but there was a loud boom with it. He said he heard some gun shots shortly after. But I must have passed back out because I didnt hear anything. It was a good 2 day trip though. Wish it was dry, would have made camp life more enjoyable. The trails are all hard rock. There was a little mud here and there but nothing to get ya stuck, or really even every deep.

We had 2 water crossings. One was on the trail the other had a bridge over it, but we decided to take the detour and drive thru it lol. I may have pics of that I'll post if I can find them

Attachments

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
Anyone get any new goodies for Christmas?

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
I was good, apparently. I got a new CB (my older one stopped transmitting recently), a new mobile HAM, and an ammo can set that comes with a storage base. Now to get it all installed and figure out what to put in the cans :smile:

Merry Belated Christmas Ya'll!

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
I was good, apparently. I got a new CB (my older one stopped transmitting recently), a new mobile HAM, and an ammo can set that comes with a storage base. Now to get it all installed and figure out what to put in the cans [emoji2]

Merry Belated Christmas Ya'll!
Nice. I also got a new CB because mine stopped transmitting as well. What mobile did you get?

I got new lights too, a 52" light bar with mounts, four 4" cube lights with mounts (2 for the hood and 2 for the rear) and LED light bulbs. Only installed the CB and headlight bulbs so far, hoping to do some of the others today.

Reactions: CCFinOKC

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
It was great I got a Trasharoo, hammock and a new camp chair
I've thought about getting one of those trasharoos but just never have. What kind of camp chair did you get? I've been trying to find one that will fit inside one of my plano cases but isn't too terribly uncomfortable

Last edited:
Reactions: OkieOverlander

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Nice. I also got a new CB because mine stopped transmitting as well. What mobile did you get?

I got new lights too, a 52" light bar with mounts, four 4" cube lights with mounts (2 for the hood and 2 for the rear) and LED light bulbs. Only installed the CB and headlight bulbs so far, hoping to do some of the others today.
The CB is the Cobra 29 LX BT, and the ham is the ICOM IC-2730A. I've decided to put the CB in my Jeep and the ham in my F250 for the time being. I think I'll end up trailering my Jeep to trailheads and whatnot, and I drive my truck far more often.

I haven't installed anything, yet. I'm waiting on antenna's and a mount for my truck. I pulled my CB stuff off my Jeep when I was rewiring and for the life of me I can't find my antenna anywhere :smile:

What type of lights did you happen to get? I've got an off-brand cube on the rear of my truck and I hope to add a couple more for better visibility at night while backing up.

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
My lights are some cheap ones off Amazon, Nilight is the brand. My rear ones were for the sole purpose of being able to see while backing up because my reverse lights really suck. I'm not sure what the brand on the light bar is but I think it said 300 watts so it should be decent. My CB I got is a uniden pro505xl. I needed something small because it has to slide between the console and passenger seat

Reactions: Jimmy P

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

I've thought about getting one of those trasharoos but just never have. What kind of camp chair did you get? I've been trying to find one that will fit inside one of my plano cases but isn't too terribly uncomfortable
IMG_0916.JPG
Works great compact and really comfortable.

Reactions: Jimmy P