Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Might have to try it. Was looking at the K trail but i don't really want to beat the hell out the sides of my truck.
If you dig a few pages back in this thread some of the folks have some frightening stories about the ktrail.

Leonidas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Leonidas
Yeah, I have seen/read stories like that before. Definitely not somewhere I would go alone. My parents used to have some land in SE OK in the mountains where we would go hunting. The locals don't care too much for city folk being there, especially if they think you are trespassing.

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

I was going to try my first run of the OAT from Perry to Dewey. Mainly dirt roads with some site seeing places along the road. Figured it would take all day. Then camp at Copan lake. Wanted to start easy and do it in sections.

Reactions: Hirvy

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Is the OAT off-road at all or is it just gravel roads?
It's "road." The bit I ran was mostly gravel and or dirt. That could change for the other areas but wouldn't count on it looking at the map. Some of the dirt roads are up there with dirt trails tho.

Boomer82

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma
I’ll be down to meet up later this year, got a baby girl gonna be here Friday so will depend on how long it takes mama bear to heal up [emoji16]

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
Might have to try it. Was looking at the K trail but i don't really want to beat the hell out the sides of my truck.
If your driving the ram in your avatar you will. Me and a buddy did 3 sticks east around to the back side of broken bow lake a few months ago and that trail gets super skinny. I'd argue we were the only ones down it for a while. Both our 4runners go new stripes.

Reactions: Oklamopar

Leonidas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Leonidas
If your driving the ram in your avatar you will. Me and a buddy did 3 sticks east around to the back side of broken bow lake a few months ago and that trail gets super skinny. I'd argue we were the only ones down it for a while. Both our 4runners go new stripes.
I won't be doing that then. Lol. Me and a buddy are going to grand lake area to Disney during spring break to check it out before we take our fams with us to BMR the following weekend.

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

The rally at Barnwell looks like fun, Just not in my budget, maybe next year. I have been there for a Recon G6 Radio Control event. Its a nice venue. Thanks for sharing the info for us, the new and uninformed. LOL

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
A good question are you thinking they might be like Railroad access roads that are not open to public use? I would think most of those might cross private land and would not be open to public access but I honestly do not have a clue, so with all that I am looking forward to the answer also. Glad I could be of no help to you at all.