Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Hey everyone, new member based in Columbus. Excited to get the new 4Runner on some trails and to cool remote campsites if anyone has any recommendations!
Also in Columbus keep me posted if you do any camping ect, as I am prepping my Jeep JL fro Moab in a few months

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Thought I would update this thread to hopefully get it started again.

My name is Ryan, and I am from California but now live in Dayton Ohio while I am in law school. My fiance and I just recently got into overlanding and are excited to be going much more this summer! We would love to meet anyone else who is local and loves the outdoors and would like to plan a trip in the near future. Let us know!
In Columbus also trying to meet people I am leaving for Moab in a few months an looking to do some prepping prior so let me know if you have any plans would be great to find some others I have a Jeep JLECE5C38F-AFDD-4AB6-AF04-15BE481F47AF.jpeg ECE5C38F-AFDD-4AB6-AF04-15BE481F47AF.jpeg

Last edited:

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Weekend Wanderers/Midwest overland training is hosting an event this weekend..(by them I mean me)..

Mohican state park to AEP camp ground A (reserved for just my group) via backroads..and Sunday to hocking hills via backroads..

Lemme get the link

Please keep me in mind would like to meet up. I am getting my JL ready for Moab in a few months an need to try out so far an alsoget some advice on other since I am new. Need something for mapping radio an more. Please make contact if something comes up

Reactions: Wanderer351

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Hey man, fellow Ohio transplant also new to overlanding here. It looks like there’s some cool trails down in Kentucky. Anyone interested in a meetup at Daniel Boone national forest this summer?

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Just downloaded the Mohican gps route going SE. Looks like it nearly meets one of the TAT connections.

My Delorme is showing a bunch of ''unimproved roads'' in Mconnelsville. Maybe that's why the track ended there?

Reactions: Gecko792

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Just downloaded the Mohican gps route going SE. Looks like it nearly meets one of the TAT connections.

My Delorme is showing a bunch of ''unimproved roads'' in Mconnelsville. Maybe that's why the track ended there?
I’m new to this as well. Live in Dayton
if you are planning let me know I am close to mohican

Reactions: MidOH

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

if you think you want to check it out let's do it, give me a call an we can make a plan an meet up just let me know if is something anyone would like to do

Reactions: MidOH

Bomb Dawg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Olmsted, OH
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Cameron
Member #

I'm Scott and live in a western suburb of Cleveland. Do a lot of "glamping" with my wife, who likes the creature comforts, lol. On my own, I prefer to get into places a camper can't be drug into. Sleep under the awning when it's nice enough, throw on the awning room when it's not.

Loudogp250

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Ohio, USA
First Name
Louis
Last Name
Arnold
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MVZ
New to the forum from Cincinnati. Would love to meet up for rides, share tracks and learn of people / businesses in the area that can assist with building up my vehicle.

Reactions: DK4Runner

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

It ended there due to it being day 1 of my Ohio Backroads Tour. Day 2 is AEP-hocking.

I'm working with another member on a circular route for OH,WV,PA,IN.

Check out Facebook group WEEKEND WANDERERS and Midwest Overlanders. I post my trips there since this forum doesnt always update notifications..i just found a message that's more than a week old.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Thanks, I will. I appreciate it.

I'm going to try the Mohican route south this fall, soon. Looks fullsize friendly. Can't wait to get flares on the truck to keep gravel down.

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

New to the forum from Cincinnati. Would love to meet up for rides, share tracks and learn of people / businesses in the area that can assist with building up my vehicle.
Hey. Welcome. I’m in Cincy too. A bit tricky to find stuff locally but heading over east a bit to Wayne National Park or south into KY has been fun. Or south Indy isn’t too bad towards Bloomington. We should grab a beer, swap war stories and talk shop a bit.

Hit me up if you’re interested.

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Hey everyone, new guy here out of Wooster, Ohio. Just did a short trip down to New River Gorge Wv and planning another one two Slade Ky. Definitely interested in any local (to Ohio) weekend trips!

Reactions: Monroe659

Monroe659

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Dayton, OH, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Monroe
Member #

Hey All, newbie from Dayton here! Definitely interested in meeting some people from the area. feel free to hmu.

Nagrom60

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey everyone, new guy here out of Wooster, Ohio. Just did a short trip down to New River Gorge Wv and planning another one two Slade Ky. Definitely interested in any local (to Ohio) weekend trips!
Hey man just did Spaas Creek and Pumpkin Patch trail in Slade Kentucky over the weekend I am out of Dayton Ohio. I would highly recommend checking the trails out they are a blast. I went with 3 other rigs. One was a bone stock 2015 SR5 Runner. he only got stuck once! was highly impresses. Let me know if your going to try and go out there I might be able to meet up with you.

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Hey man just did Spaas Creek and Pumpkin Patch trail in Slade Kentucky over the weekend I am out of Dayton Ohio. I would highly recommend checking the trails out they are a blast. I went with 3 other rigs. One was a bone stock 2015 SR5 Runner. he only got stuck once! was highly impresses. Let me know if your going to try and go out there I might be able to meet up with you.
The Gf and I are definitely going over Labor Day weekend. We will probably trail ride most of Saturday and some of Sunday with some hiking and general wandering mixed in all along the way. Definitely hit me up if you want to meet up on the trail Saturday.

Nagrom60

Rank 0

Contributor I

The Gf and I are definitely going over Labor Day weekend. We will probably trail ride most of Saturday and some of Sunday with some hiking and general wandering mixed in all along the way. Definitely hit me up if you want to meet up on the trail Saturday.
Awesome! How long is the drive to slade from where your at?