Ohio Roll-Call!

• HTML tutorial

Rysmoore1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Thought I would update this thread to hopefully get it started again.

My name is Ryan, and I am from California but now live in Dayton Ohio while I am in law school. My fiance and I just recently got into overlanding and are excited to be going much more this summer! We would love to meet anyone else who is local and loves the outdoors and would like to plan a trip in the near future. Let us know!

jakeromyces

Rank 0

Contributor I

My name is Ryan, and I am from California but now live in Dayton Ohio while I am in law school. My fiance and I just recently got into overlanding and are excited to be going much more this summer! We would love to meet anyone else who is local and loves the outdoors and would like to plan a trip in the near future. Let us know!
Hey man, fellow Ohio transplant also new to overlanding here. It looks like there’s some cool trails down in Kentucky. Anyone interested in a meetup at Daniel Boone national forest this summer?

Reactions: Rysmoore1

Sheepdog41

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Dover, OH, USA
First Name
Brooks
Last Name
Ross
Member #

Hello OHIO! Just joined today. Bought my Wrangler last year, hoping to start overlanding this summer.

Rysmoore1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey man, fellow Ohio transplant also new to overlanding here. It looks like there’s some cool trails down in Kentucky. Anyone interested in a meetup at Daniel Boone national forest this summer?
We actually were there a few weeks ago! It’s beautiful but it was really cold when we went lol. Here’s a pic of our camp spot.. this is pre RTT

Rysmoore1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

We would definitely be down for going back there or I also heard that AEP is supposed to be a cool place too. We should definitely plan something

BackWoods

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Northfield, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Tritabaugh
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Welcome aboard

ZR2_Zamboni

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lancaster, OH, USA
Member #

Lancaster, Ohio member here. Chevy Colorado ZR2 with a few extras. Love to camp, hike, kayak and off-road so Overlanding was a natural progression for me.

Did some off-roading in Tar Hallow last Summer on some unmarked trails, looking forward to exploring more abandoned roads and trails in the area. Also want to find some trails and camping in Southern Ohio (bear Wayne National Forest near the river has nice trails) or in some of Ohio’s ghost towns in Southeastern part of the state.

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

Lancaster, Ohio member here. Chevy Colorado ZR2 with a few extras. Love to camp, hike, kayak and off-road so Overlanding was a natural progression for me.

Did some off-roading in Tar Hallow last Summer on some unmarked trails, looking forward to exploring more abandoned roads and trails in the area. Also want to find some trails and camping in Southern Ohio (bear Wayne National Forest near the river has nice trails) or in some of Ohio’s ghost towns in Southeastern part of the state.
Weekend Wanderers/Midwest overland training is hosting an event this weekend..(by them I mean me)..

Mohican state park to AEP camp ground A (reserved for just my group) via backroads..and Sunday to hocking hills via backroads..

Lemme get the link

Rysmoore1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Anyone interested in either buying or trading a Smittybilt Overlander XL (King size)? I got this as a wedding present, and it is incredible but my wife and I live in an apartment and it’s a bit too big to handle for our little place. We are interested in getting a smaller tent that would be lighter, so if anyone has one that they want to trade up in size with us or wants to but this one or has any other suggestions please chime in! I can upload a bunch of pics too if needed! We only used it once and it was last week!

Tallen79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jamestown, Fentress County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Erskine
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8KTR
Anyone interested in either buying or trading a Smittybilt Overlander XL (King size)? I got this as a wedding present, and it is incredible but my wife and I live in an apartment and it’s a bit too big to handle for our little place. We are interested in getting a smaller tent that would be lighter, so if anyone has one that they want to trade up in size with us or wants to but this one or has any other suggestions please chime in! I can upload a bunch of pics too if needed! We only used it once and it was last week!
How much are you asking?

Rysmoore1

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Well some places have it listed for $1,000 and some have it listed for around $860-$900. So I’d be willing to take 700 or so for it to make it a better deal and that way still yield enough to put towards a smaller tent. I am flexible on price because I want to get something new but just needs to be a fair deal. I can also meet up or bring it to you if that was necessary