Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Member #

Chime in, Ohio members. Let us know where you are, and where you're from.

I'm Steve, and I live a ways west of Cleveland. I grew up in west-central Ohio, on my grandfather's farm near Bellefontaine. Deb and I are retired, and now empty-nesters during the school year. We used to car-camp, but those frequent trips to the can during the night made this less than fun for Deb, so we mostly base our explorations out of motels. We're considering some sort of mobile sleeping option in the future.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Hey Steve and Chris I am from Columbus as well. Just got a Jeep JKU a while ago and been trying to find some trips for my soon to be wife and I to head out on. Some meetups would be fun if you guys would want to!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Member #

@scubasteve2002 Wait, this isn't ScubaSteve from clubwrx all those years ago, is it? I thinkthatwas the forum, but I remember a ScubaSteve from somewhere. I usually went by morris on the forums.

Either way, welcome!

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

@scubasteve2002 Wait, this isn't ScubaSteve from clubwrx all those years ago, is it? I thinkthatwas the forum, but I remember a ScubaSteve from somewhere. I usually went by morris on the forums.

Either way, welcome!

Haha funny you say that! I was on clubwrx but under scoobydude2002 same with all the other forums for Subaru. I have a 2002 WRX and about to sell it this spring.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Member #

@scubasteve2002 Maybe it was you on another forum, or another ScubaSteve. I've been on so many forums, I forget where. Vespa, F-150, shooting, camera, and more. I had a 2002 WRX Wagon that I bought new and sold last March.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Now you're just making me sad that mine is gone. :( Great looking Bugeye!
Yeah I will definitely be sad as well when she goes. Thank you though!

Did you see where Overland EXPO East will be held this year?!? Trying to talk my fiancée into going! I love the Biltmore Estate. Would be sweet if we could get an Ohio group together and head south.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Member #

Yep, we've been there a couple of times. I can't imagine them letting a bunch of vehicles tearing up their meticulously maintained grounds. Probably way in the back corner. :)

dubbinchris

Rank VI
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
I'm considering Overland East this year especially since it's going to be at the Biltmore. I go to the Asheville area every year to mountain bike for 5 days in the spring. It's a great area to visit.

That being said the weekend already conflicts with a big mountain bike race that's on my calendar every year. I will have to make a decision at some point.