Rank 0

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Shawn
Member #

It was funny we got to the middle of the trail at the camp site we pulled up an got out no one @ I bent down to get the dog water an this guy walks out of a bush. No one any were. Hey how are u I’m the camp host. It was like the cartoon were the deer walks behind the tree an disappearing. He walked out. Nice guy

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Gonna do Mormon wells road from the north down to Desert pass campground. May do a side trip up north fork of sawmill pass and see how far that goes. If you see us stop and say hiA02698E3-ABF3-4F40-BDBE-52A79BE46F24.jpeg

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Did Mormon wells rd north to south with a side trip down Pine Nut rd. Weather was great. Lots of Jeeps on the trail. Saw at least four different groups and a lone Kia Sorento.
CA241ED9-E1AD-42D9-815F-9BDB9E93C37A.jpegA29918C2-7CC5-4EEB-8DEC-0B04E82712E1.jpeg

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Anyone been over to the Colosseum mine in CA? thinking of planning a trip this weekend to check it out?

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Anyone been over to the Colosseum mine in CA? thinking of planning a trip this weekend to check it out?
A letter was sent to all the local 4x4 clubs reiterating that it is private property and they would like all off roaders to stay off. Now what you do with that information is up to you

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
A letter was sent to all the local 4x4 clubs reiterating that it is private property and they would like all off roaders to stay off. Now what you do with that information is up to you
Thank you for this information.

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
thanks for the heads up. definatly dont want to get caught up in any illegal activity. guess i can just go across the highway to the Mohave preserve area for the day.

Reactions: Go2AllThePlaces

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Ventured out to the end of Cabin Springs Rd this weekend.
cabin creek EOR 2.jpg
cabin creek 1.jpg
DWR sunset.jpg

mwilson920

US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hello all,
Is there a “Vegas “ group that goes out together exploring the trails around Southern Nevada? If so, how do i find out when they are going next and join them?

Reactions: Buzzard13

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Hello all,
Is there a “Vegas “ group that goes out together exploring the trails around Southern Nevada? If so, how do i find out when they are going next and join them?
Vegas is more active on Facebook with the different off roading groups. If you are on facebook join the vegas 4runners, vegas toyota offroad, battle born jeeps. There is usually at least a run a day between all the groups

Reactions: Desert Runner

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
We usually try to do a trail on the weekends. No real planning though. Spontaneously decide the night before or morning of, raid the pantry for snacks and hit the road as long as the truck is ready. I don’t have any comm or trail lights which I’m sure most group rides require. So for now it just solo trips. If some one wants to put something together, I’m down.

Status
Not open for further replies.