702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
If anybody is interested in going up to Macks Canyon tomorrow during the winter storm warning please let me know. Would want to meet up about 9 a.m. before heading up the mountain.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Nobody interested in kicking up some snow today? Mack's Canyon is very mellow but very fun with some frozen stuff on the ground!

I want to try this 3 peak rating out on these Wildpeaks.....got the 285/70/17View attachment 128738
Your picture shows all the small SIPPING on the tread blocks. It will be interesting to see first, how well they handle snow that is on the roadway, then the accumulation on the trail with the AT pattern tread. I saw where the lodge area on Mt. Charleston, expects from 12-24 inches of snow, but where the trail is, I would not expect anything more than 2-4 inches, over the next 2 days. Having a SNOWPEAK SYMBOL tire rating means bypassing the chain-up areas when encountered.

My BIL uses, and has liked the Wildpeaks on his truck for years. I don't remember if he has the gen 2's or your gen 3's (better-Sipping) on his F-250 right now. They do get good reviews, but as their popularity grew, their price has increased from a good, down to a fair price, when compared to other offerings. Still, their much cheaper than BFG's or Terra Grapplers.

After your experience (Burro Wash) with the 3 hr? flat fix, awhile back, I think these tires will not suffer that indignity. They received good praise in testing over rock trails, with no stone bruising, vs some other brands tested.

Last edited:
Reactions: 702FJC

702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
The drive up was fun, well worth it. Went up Kyle Canyon Road and took Deer springs road over to Lee Canyon and out to Mack's. The drive across Deer Springs was awesome, wind blowing extremely hard and snow sweeping across the road and off the side hills. Only got about a mile into Mack's riding solo. Only a few inches of snow but fun nonetheless!

The new tires did great imo. On the icy plowed road they hooked up and stopped with little slippage at 30 psi. At 38 psi there was much more sliding before coming to a stop. Off-road they didn't really slip at all because they were biting into the terrafirma pretty quickly.

Attachments

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Hi all!
New here. Looking for some folks who are able to go on some trips / trails on Thursdays or Fridays. I have a 2007 jku. 2 inch lift on M/T's. Just wanna go play on the trails and get stuck but don't wanna be unsafe out there alone.
Welcome to the LV area group. There are a few members who do runs quite often, out from town on day runs. So far, most seem fairly tame.....not rock bashing/body damaging trails.

Fill out the small info area on your personal page showing a few things about your rig. You can also do a more in-depth build page if your so inclined. Thanks for joining. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Boulderex

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas, NV 89131
Member #

I'm down for a weekend run soon. Maybe something longer if we plan it out.
I'm limited to within ~100 miles of Vegas right now due to travel restrictions, but still plenty to do within that range.

Craig702

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Husted
Member #

I'm down for a weekend run soon. Maybe something longer if we plan it out.
I'm limited to within ~100 miles of Vegas right now due to travel restrictions, but still plenty to do within that range.
Count me in. Please message me or email or whatever. My schedule is pretty flexible.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Craig702

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Husted
Member #

I am heading out this coming weekend to the Eastern Sierra if anyone is interested (Coyote Flats, Mammoth Lake Trail etc)

Reactions: Lvfunnyfarm

cactus

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Middag
Member #

Lots of people chime in but i wish we could actually get a trail run out together.
You aren't the only one 702FJ! Lets have a Las Vegas Overland Bound casual Meet--n-Greet Tuesday, June 9 at 7pm. Parking lot of La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries, 5700 Centennial Center Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89149. This is immediately next to In-N-Out Burger in Centennial Hills, just off US 95 and Ann Rd. Look for my green 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 crewcab 4x4. .............Bob (aka Cactus)

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
You aren't the only one 702FJ! Lets have a Las Vegas Overland Bound casual Meet--n-Greet Tuesday, June 9 at 7pm. Parking lot of La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries, 5700 Centennial Center Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89149. This is immediately next to In-N-Out Burger in Centennial Hills, just off US 95 and Ann Rd. Look for my green 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 crewcab 4x4. .............Bob (aka Cactus)
Awesome initiative!!

But why so far north !

Reactions: DugzKine
Status
Not open for further replies.