US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

First I’ve heard of it. Any details/link?. I’ll look into it if the truck is out of the shop by then.

I know some people have backed out and can’t make it. If you are interested, contact Kent R. He is running it

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
looks like fun, but not quite ready for multi-day trips. might take a shot at Lucky strike Rd Saturday.

Reactions: mwilson920

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

If i was there, i would have liked to join you. Maybe we can plan something in a couple weeks and get some more people to join us.

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
another beautiful day for a ride. made it halfway down Lucky strike from the the 95 side. turned around when it started to head up the backside of Angel Peak. road looked alot more technical than what i wanted to tackle solo and relatively stock.
lucky strike 1.jpg lucky strike 2.jpg

heres a pic looking north east towards DWP. you can see Alamo rd in the distance.
lucky strike 3.jpg

Reactions: mwilson920

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

another beautiful day for a ride. made it halfway down Lucky strike from the the 95 side. turned around when it started to head up the backside of Angel Peak. road looked alot more technical than what i wanted to tackle solo and relatively stock.
View attachment 177022 View attachment 177023

heres a pic looking north east towards DWP. you can see Alamo rd in the distance.
View attachment 177040
Looks like an enjoyable ride. Lets see if we can get others and do a meet up

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

The Desert wildlife area up north off the 95 is a nice day trip. Mormon wells road cuts through the valley and along a ridge line to the 93. there’s a nice camping spot to break for lunch. Took about 3-4 hours round trip. Alamo road is nice too, with little side roads you can explore( short 3-5 mile Spurs) Alamo road itself cut across a dry lake bed that is super powdery. would recommend turning around unless your with a group or are good at self recovery. I was solo so we turned around.

there are trail maps at the wildlife station Kios. The building is currently closed but the restrooms are open.
Mormon Wells Rd sounds like a great Sunday afternoon trail drive!!! Anyone interested in going?

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
im busy this weekend, but could set aside a weekend in a week or two. would like to do Lovell canyon rd sometime in the future too.

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

im busy this weekend, but could set aside a weekend in a week or two. would like to do Lovell canyon rd sometime in the future too.
Ok. Let’s do a run on Sunday, Dec 6 meeting at the Visitor Center at the Desert Wildlife Refuge at 11am. Who wants to join us?

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

To bad we are Leaving saturday, We would of joined you for this

Status