Kalama, Cowlitz County, Washington, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKG509 (GMRS)
Hey nice video! Thanks for putting it together.

Is anyone going out this weekend. I’m thinking of seeing some of Death Valley this weekend. I am new to Vegas and haven’t been yet. I Want to get some photography and maybe a hike in. Just staying one night as I have to work

Looks like National Park campsites are closed so I’ll be camping on BLM land.

Let me know if y’all have any suggestions.

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
Putting out a feeler to see if there is interest, if there is I will create a 'Rally Point'.

Thinking about an overnight trip on Saturday the 19th.

Keeping this close to home and explore the 'Eldorado Mountains' (range is located along the Colorado River near Nelson, NV).

Leave around 10am, grab lunch by the river and then run the track 'Aztec Wash Trail' to 'Powerline' to 'Knobb Hill', this is where we will camp for the night.

Again, looking for interest... leave comments!

Reactions: KadenVentures

McCoyoioi

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKG509 (GMRS)
Putting out a feeler to see if there is interest, if there is I will create a 'Rally Point'.

Keeping this close to home and explore the 'Eldorado Mountains' (range is located along the Colorado River near Nelson, NV).

Leave around 10am, grab lunch by the river and then run the track 'Aztec Wash Trail' to 'Powerline' to 'Knobb Hill', this is where we will camp for the night.

Hey, thanks for putting this out there. I'm interested. But I have to wait until Thursday to know if I can take off on Saturday.

KadenVentures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Kaden
Last Name
Galvez
Member #

Interested, I haven’t been out there yet, what’s the trail rating? R fires allowed up there?

Reactions: McCoyoioi

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX

KadenVentures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Kaden
Last Name
Galvez
Member #

Interested, I haven’t been out there yet, what’s the trail rating? R fires allowed up there?
Trail is very easy [1-10: 3]
And fires, looks like fire are still restricted on BLM land in SNV [link: Southern Nevada Fire Restrictions Continue | Bureau of Land Management]
Propane fire pits are still allowed...
Nice the trail looks fun! Our original plans for this week were to camp along the shoreline on Colorado river since fires r allowed there. But I’m definitely down to hit the trails, have u ever camped off At fire mountain cove? Saw a few other spots around that area on iOverlander

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
Nice the trail looks fun! Our original plans for this week were to camp along the shoreline on Colorado river since fires r allowed there. But I’m definitely down to hit the trails, have u ever camped off At fire mountain cove? Saw a few other spots around that area on iOverlander
Fire mountain Cove has very limited space, but doable, the wash I really like is Montana wash, it offers a very large area along river.

If you want to camp by the river that would be cool, we can do the trail in reverse and maybe hit keyhole canyon and check out the petroglyphs then cruise up to Knob Hill then run down powlerline to aztec then a wash to camp. Also we will have plenty of time to explore so we can hit up all the washes and choose the best one!

Last edited:

KadenVentures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Kaden
Last Name
Galvez
Member #

Fire mountain Cove has very limited space, but doable, the wash I really like is Montana wash, it offers a very large area along river.

If you want to camp by the river that would be cool, we can do the trail in reverse and maybe hit keyhole canyon and check out the petroglyphs then cruise up to Knob Hill then run down powlerline to aztec then a wash to camp. Also we will have plenty of time to explore so we can hit up all the washes and choose the best one!
Sounds good! I'm down for that. I havent explored that area at all yet

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX

I have wheeled that area multiple times, very familiar.

KadenVentures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Kaden
Last Name
Galvez
Member #

I have wheeled that area multiple times, very familiar.
Awesome, it’s pretty last minute but should we put out a rally point? See if there is anyone else interested

Alertchief

Rank V

Advocate III

Henderson, Nevada, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
mountain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Alertchief
Hey nice video! Thanks for putting it together.

Is anyone going out this weekend. I’m thinking of seeing some of Death Valley this weekend. I am new to Vegas and haven’t been yet. I Want to get some photography and maybe a hike in. Just staying one night as I have to work

Looks like National Park campsites are closed so I’ll be camping on BLM land.

Let me know if y’all have any suggestions.
If you need ideas for camping let me know :) I’ve got a couple great ones .

KadenVentures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Kaden
Last Name
Galvez
Member #

Alertchief

Rank V

Advocate III

Henderson, Nevada, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
mountain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Alertchief

McCoyoioi

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKG509 (GMRS)

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to work tomorrow. Looks like I'll have four days off, starting New Years Eve. I'm down to do some wheeling and camping around then if anyone is interested.

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
Big thanks to Kaden & Carly for allowing me to hang out with them on the Eldorado Mountains overnighter trip over the weekend. The weather was perfect, the terrain was amazing and the wildlife spectacular! We had a great spot right next to the river... cannot wait until the next trip!!!

Eldorado-overnighter.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.