"Off the Grid" 2018 (Un-official)

• HTML tutorial

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Sites will be included with the tickets! We'll see you there!

M
Like last year we will be bringing the 30ft trailer with full hookups. We will be in manzanita loop, but spend all our time with you guys. Most likely we will give our group site that is included to someone who needs it ;)

Reactions: Crispy and Michael

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

@Michael we live right off 168 in Clovis, just before 168 turns into 2 lanes. You guys are more than welcome to use our driveway, upstairs loft, bedroom and shower, if needed before the event. Wasn’t sure if you are coming from home, or from a out of town trip. Let us know if you need something!

Reactions: Michael

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Ah man! Ya - we found out recently a group reserved the last weekend in Sept. It was bound to happen, but know it is going to mess up some folks. You'll have to join us next year!

M
Definitely! In the mean time, you guys will have to come explore Baja Arizona or Mexico with us!

Reactions: Michael and Corrie

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Hey all!

YES! This is happening! In fact, tomorrow we will open tickets at noon. It will be very similar to last year. Link will follow shortly!

OK OK - I feel we owe ya'll an explanation. We have been working hard to get a larger venue, working with the National Forest Service (they have been great) to get a bigger location. We could not publish details until we knew exactly what we were going to do. Fact is, due to the fires and other reasons, they do not have the staff to do all the environmental impact studies they need to do to clear a larger gathering. No go on the larger HQ location.

HOWEVER... We will be able to accommodate more attendees this year. Just not as many as we would like.

We know this is going to disappoint a lot of people. Not everyone who wants to go will be able to. Please be patient with us. These events are a large undertaking, and we will continue to work to increase availability and locations for our events.

OK - all that said - we now know the details:

Dates: October 5th - 7th
HQ and Overnight Camping Location: Camp Edison

There will be multiple options for trail runs with new routes and destinations for Saturday. We've enjoyed working with Mike McGarity and the Clovis Independent 4 Wheeler crew leading up to this event, and we'll be thinking of ways to thank them for all the work they do to keep the trails up there healthy and open.

More info coming very soon. Thanks again for your patience!
Thank you Michael for the information.

Reactions: Michael

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

I am assuming the coupon code is for a discount. This is for Michael or the crew to answer. I would buy your ticket now since it was sold out by 3pm last year.
Agreed !! Just buy it! I think the code is probably for staff, or someone who is partially volunteering, or won a raffle, etc.. It isn't a cheap event, but is WORTH every PENNY!!

Reactions: Mark D

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
You should be fine. There was a guy (sorry, dude, i forgot your name!) last year on my "team" (Yellow!) that had a completely stock Chevy Colorado with low hanging slider steps and he made it the whole way with not much issue. Pretty darn impressive.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

How decked out does your rig has to be to run this? I would love to go, but I’m all stock suspension and tires. Tacoma OR
I have attended the last two years. Both times the runs were fun and easy. There are plenty of people there to spot and guide you. It is the perfect experience for someone who has not done a lot of off-reading. It is really cool to see people who have never taken their vehicles off road and then hear them make comments like, “I didn’t know my truck would do that!”.

It is not just about the runs. Getting together with a bunch of like minded people, sharing experiences, making new friends and sitting around a campfire with everyone is what I like the most about this rally.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

How decked out does your rig has to be to run this? I would love to go, but I’m all stock suspension and tires. Tacoma OR
We will have a variety of routes through several trails in the SNF and Bald Mt OHV. We'll run them a few weeks beforehand and confirm a rating for folks. Our goal is to have a variety of experiences for a variety of folks!

Reactions: YPD1 and Dana

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

We will have a variety of routes through several trails in the SNF and Bald Mt OHV. We'll run them a few weeks beforehand and confirm a rating for folks. Our goal is to have a variety of experiences for a variety of folks!
Let us know if you need company on the pre runs!

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

A guy did it last year in one. He said he hit underneath a few times on the way down, but was ok. He had all terrain tires though...

Edit: there's a requirement list on the link!