"Off the Grid" 2018 (Un-official)

• HTML tutorial

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

Thank you guys for the prompt replies. This truck have gotten me to some amazing places and let me meet amazing people along the way. Here’s to many more miles and many more smiles to come. Hopefully to be able to join you all on this one

Reactions: SLO Rob

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

A guy did it last year in one. He said he hit underneath a few times on the way down, but was ok. He had all terrain tires though...

Edit: there's a requirement list on the link!
SLO Rob is correct. There is a “4wd w/lift” requirement. The last couple years have had many stock height vehicles. I wonder why, maybe they had complaints?

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

SLO Rob is correct. There is a “4wd w/lift” requirement. The last couple years have had many stock height vehicles. I wonder why, maybe they had complaints?
With so many groups, there have been times when the stock vehicles have taken a lot more time to get through a challenge area, putting the group behind, which can lead to a domino effect with other groups behind them. Not to say most stock 4x4 ‘s will have a problem, as from being a local and witnessing some of the most uncommon vehicles making it to the top, most will be ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: SLO Rob

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Change of plans, we're gonna make it to OTG again this year! I just registered. I'm gonna be bringing the whole family this time, too!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Change of plans, we're gonna make it to OTG again this year! I just registered. I'm gonna be bringing the whole family this time, too!
I thought you had a wedding? Very cool you will be there!

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I thought you had a wedding? Very cool you will be there!
We just realized that fall break for the kids was the week following OTG and we had been planning on taking a long trip over fall break. Those two conflicts won out over the wedding. It helps that my wife wasn't very keen on attending the wedding, as she would't know anybody there, and I only know the groom and maybe two or three other people that would be in attendance.

Reactions: itsdchz and Kent R

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

We just realized that fall break for the kids was the week following OTG and we had been planning on taking a long trip over fall break. Those two conflicts won out over the wedding. It helps that my wife wasn't very keen on attending the wedding, as she would't know anybody there, and I only know the groom and maybe two or three other people that would be in attendance.
Awesome news!

Reactions: brien

JayRock

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Layhe
Member #

We are in. I was wondering if there was a rally point to take off from the Bay Area in a convoy group? I can either go from SJ or the Dublin route.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

We are in. I was wondering if there was a rally point to take off from the Bay Area in a convoy group? I can either go from SJ or the Dublin route.
As we get closer, be on the lookout for posts. I am sure there will be a couple coming your way!