Last Name
Dickens
Member #

From @Michael

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We now know the details:

Dates: October 5th - 7th
HQ and Overnight Camping Location: Camp Edison

There will be multiple options for trail runs with new routes and destinations for Saturday. We've enjoyed working with Mike McGarity and the Clovis Independent 4 Wheeler crew leading up to this event, and we'll be thinking of ways to thank them for all the work they do to keep the trails up there healthy and open.

More info coming very soon. Thanks again for your patience!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These events are so much fun for all of us. I know they are a lot of work for Corrie, Michael and the Overland Bound crew but it is so good to connect with other who share the passion for exploration. Every year we meet new people who feel like instant friends. Sharing stories, ideas for gear, tips and tricks for travel plus finding new places for adventure.

The purpose of this post is to find out if there are any plans for a 2018 event. If there is another thread somewhere that I missed I will remove this post. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Last edited by a moderator:

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Last year I recall lots of talk about how it would likely be the last Off The Grid event due to the size of the club and the limitations of the trail and venue, but I haven't heard anything either way yet. Definitely interested to know so I can start planning if needed.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

I thought this year would have a few regional OTG events.. I knew it got to big and the venue couldn't take more people, and loads wanted to come but there just wasn't space.

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

These events are so much fun for all of us. I know they are a lot of work for Corrie, Michael and the Overland Bound crew but it is so good to connect with other who share the passion for exploration. Every year we meet new people who feel like instant friends. Sharing stories, ideas for gear, tips and tricks for travel plus finding new places for adventure.

The purpose of this post is to find out if there are any plans for a 2018 event. If there is another thread somewhere that I missed I will remove this post. Thank you!

I'm wondering the same....

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

I somehow got a notification for an Off The Grid event in the app this morning from 2015. Not realizing it was on old post I got excited reading about the plans for the event. So you can imagine my disappointment after reading through a few pages to only realize it was 3 years ago :(

I can understand how difficult these must be to plan and arrange but would be excited to attend!

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

Seems like it not going to happen. I'm interested in going. The weekend of October 12th works for me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
So is OTG killed off? Turned Regional? Any word from anyone?

Come on, I need this, I mean I really really need this!

Jim

Reactions: Corrie

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all!

YES! This is happening! In fact, tomorrow we will open tickets at noon. It will be very similar to last year. Link will follow shortly!

OK OK - I feel we owe ya'll an explanation. We have been working hard to get a larger venue, working with the National Forest Service (they have been great) to get a bigger location. We could not publish details until we knew exactly what we were going to do. Fact is, due to the fires and other reasons, they do not have the staff to do all the environmental impact studies they need to do to clear a larger gathering. No go on the larger HQ location.

HOWEVER... We will be able to accommodate more attendees this year. Just not as many as we would like.

We know this is going to disappoint a lot of people. Not everyone who wants to go will be able to. Please be patient with us. These events are a large undertaking, and we will continue to work to increase availability and locations for our events.

OK - all that said - we now know the details:

Dates: October 5th - 7th
HQ and Overnight Camping Location: Camp Edison

There will be multiple options for trail runs with new routes and destinations for Saturday. We've enjoyed working with Mike McGarity and the Clovis Independent 4 Wheeler crew leading up to this event, and we'll be thinking of ways to thank them for all the work they do to keep the trails up there healthy and open.

More info coming very soon. Thanks again for your patience!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Awesome that the event is happening this year, I'm bummed that my buddy is getting married that weekend! I mean... i'm not bummed he's getting married, i'm bummed i'll have to miss OTG 2018! I was holding out hope that it would happen on the last weekend of Sept. Have fun everybody who's going, it was an absolute blast when I went last year!

YPD1

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

yuma, az
Member #

Will emails be sent out like before? I've been looking forward to this the past ten months.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Awesome that the event is happening this year, I'm bummed that my buddy is getting married that weekend! I mean... i'm not bummed he's getting married, i'm bummed i'll have to miss OTG 2018! I was holding out hope that it would happen on the last weekend of Sept. Have fun everybody who's going, it was an absolute blast when I went last year!
Ah man! Ya - we found out recently a group reserved the last weekend in Sept. It was bound to happen, but know it is going to mess up some folks. You'll have to join us next year!

M