Off the Grid 2016 - Info Thread!

• HTML tutorial

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

@Corrie obviously I can't buy through the store since tix are logged as sold out.

You guys have my cell # you or Michael can call any time of the day and I'll give you a CC# does that work?

Or, if OB holds a PayPal acct, we can go that route too.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, you will be receiving email information before the event. You should all have received the email form for t-shirt size and other info. Please let us know if you have not!

@Corrie

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I'm sad to let y'all know that we are not going to make the trip to the OTG Rally this year. Lots of little things combined make it not really feasible. A large out of pocket medical expenses for tests for what turned out to be nothing. A longer outbound trip to Seattle this year. (Which is a good thing. Claire wants to see the sites rather than just get to school.) Not taking her car to Seattle, so we'll be over-packed with apartment stuff, again. Packing camping gear in addition to her stuff just isn't practical.

I'm sure that we're going to miss a fabulous time, but I look forward to exploring more of the PNW, too. @maktruk , I put in a good word to @Corrie about the tickets being held for us.

Steve

Ahhhhhhh man, I was really looking forward to meeting you. Oh well once the ralley goes out of state, we will make it happen!

Reactions: Steve

r1_iceman

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Snohomish County
Member #

@r1_iceman You have the address of the camp and when to show up. That's about all you need as there will be a registration when you pull in to the group sites. I suggest you bring plenty of smiles because your going to have a blast!!!!!
If changes do occur you/we are on a master e-mail list that would get sent out for info.
Look forward to seeing you both!!!!
Thanks mmnorth [emoji106] See ya soon[emoji109]

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

KicknDirt

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Huntington Beach, CA
Member #

So as we get closer my significant other has been asking questions about the trip. Hoping a few of you and the maybe some year one vets can answer for us.

1) what can we expect in terms of weather
2) can we have a camp fire (I know down here in SoCal its a big NO)
3) What's the deal with Food, is there some group meals, do we plan on packing all our own food?
4) I know in some rally's alcohol is a no go, are there rules? (Don't worry we're not drinks, just like an end of the day beer)

Getting so excited!!! :)

Reactions: Robby and Wooks

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Rules and regulations??? Say it ain't so! (JK)

1) Gets chilly in the Sierras at night! I was just camped this weekend at Poker Flat and it didn't drop below 50, but anything is possible. Be prepared!

2) Currently no fire restrictions but that can change any day. Check with the local ranger station *EDIT* I AM INCORRECT. It seems there are numerous restrictions in effect as of August 26th. I'm not really sure what I'm seeing here though...I think the restrictions are null, as it is John Muir Wilderness area, listed in exhibit B

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd516505.pdf

3) I know they cater one night. Heard peeps got surprised with a second night last year...

4) See my first comment :)

Last edited:

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

Rules and regulations??? Say it ain't so! (JK)

1) Gets chilly in the Sierras at night! I was just camped this weekend at Poker Flat and it didn't drop below 50, but anything is possible. Be prepared!

2) Currently no fire restrictions but that can change any day. Check with the local ranger station *EDIT* I AM INCORRECT. It seems there are numerous restrictions in effect as of August 26th. I'm not really sure what I'm seeing here though...I think the restrictions are null, as it is John Muir Wilderness area, listed in exhibit B

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd516505.pdf

3) I know they cater one night. Heard peeps got surprised with a second night last year...

4) See my first comment :)
I think we are at an actual camp ground (non wilderness) so there shouldn't be fire restrictions if it's an official campground with fire rings. I could be wrong. @adminisrator should be able to tell us for sure.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Can an enlightened person fill us in on the anticipated agenda? Are we meeting up on Friday, camping, heading up the hill, then returning to the same campground? If so, will there be people that remain in camp to ensure security of tents etc?

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@ce4460 I would never say I'm enlightened, however, check in is from 11am well into the evening on Friday at Camp Edison, which is our base camp the whole time. We did have quite a few people hang back to keep an eye on the campgrounds, as well as amazing live in camp hosts. That first night, many are setting up their camps, meeting by a central campfire, talking up a storm getting to know each other and pigging out! Saturday we will break into groups and take the hill, we bring our own lunch to the summit, and then all eat together back at base camp that night. There's raffles and even more talking and camaraderie and eating and drinking...capped off by a strict 10pm call for "quiet" and lights out.
Anyone feel free to message me directly if you have any questions I can answer...I'll field all I can unless I need to direct to @Michael and @Corrie .

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@ce4460 I would never say I'm enlightened, however, check in is from 11am well into the evening on Friday at Camp Edison, which is our base camp the whole time. We did have quite a few people hang back to keep an eye on the campgrounds, as well as amazing live in camp hosts. That first night, many are setting up their camps, meeting by a central campfire, talking up a storm getting to know each other and pigging out! Saturday we will break into groups and take the hill, we bring our own lunch to the summit, and then all eat together back at base camp that night. There's raffles and even more talking and camaraderie and eating and drinking...capped off by a strict 10pm call for "quiet" and lights out.
Anyone feel free to message me directly if you have any questions I can answer...I'll field all I can unless I need to direct to @Michael and @Corrie .
Rob, thank you so much! Yes, that is the basic agenda. Corrie will be sending out an informational e-mail with details this week as well!