Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
He'll love it. I tried to get my 13 year old son to come but he goes back to school that vey same week.

Reactions: fj80cruiserlife

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
cool ya last time i brought my son i will be bringing my daughter too this time . there weren't much kids last time.
There will be kids, but how busy and interative they get, I don't know. They might be able to stage something for kids, @Corrie may have already thought of special kids events.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Hey everyone - "Enlightened person" here. [emoji1]

We have an extremely large section of Camp Edison for this. Official check in time starts Friday at noon for our group; however, we will be there starting Wednesday, so if anyone wants to come a day early and reserve their own campsite for that night, you can. Just go to Camp Edison's website and use their reservation system. It's very simple and easy.

When you arrive you will tell the entrance station you are with Overland Bound (though they will probably guess), and they will give you a parking pass for our group area.

You'll proceed to campsites 46-55, and your route will be clearly marked along the way.

Your first stop will be the check-in station where we will take care of business, swag bag and t-shirts, etc. You will also be assigned a specific space to camp at the check in station. We will have team members to help you get settled into the reserved spots.

Our experience last year is that most people rolled in Friday evening, and they wanted to socialize and chill after being on the road. We're working on a few structured events... Including Skottle-gedeon, a cook-off contest featuring the one and only... Tembo Tusk Skottle. [emoji13]

There will be kids. Oh, yes. There are lots more kids this year.

Saturday is a FULL day. We will be rolling up the hill in pre-assigned teams on the early side. The day culminates in a group meal provided by us. There's a raffle in the works with baller items.

This will all be formalized in an itinerary. We will send with private YouTube video via email outlining all of it. You will know where to go and what to do and all will be mapped out.

We're excited. We're mad preppin. More info coming tomorrow to your inboxes!

cc: @Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

We have an extremely large section of Camp Edison for this. Official check in time starts Friday at noon for our group; however, we will be there starting Wednesday, so if anyone wants to come a day early and reserve their own campsite for that night, you can. Just go to Camp Edison's website and use their reservation system. It's very simple and easy.

When you arrive you will tell the entrance station you are with Overland Bound (though they will probably guess), and they will give you a parking pass for our group area.

You'll proceed to campsites 46-55, and your route will be clearly marked along the way.

Your first stop will be the check-in station where we will take care of business, swag bag and t-shirts, etc. You will also be assigned a specific space to camp at the check in station. We will have team members to help you get settled into the reserved spots.

Our experience last year is that most people rolled in Friday evening, and they wanted to socialize and chill after being on the road. We're working on a few structured events... Including Skottle-gedeon, a cook-off contest featuring the one and only... Tempo Tusk Skottle. [emoji13]

Saturday is a FULL day. We will be rolling up the hill in pre-assigned teams on the early side. The day culminates in a group meal provided by us. There's a raffle in the works with baller items.

This will all be formalized in an itinerary. We will send with private YouTube video via email outlining all of it. You will know where to go and what to do and all will be mapped out.

I just got excited.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I will be arriving Thursday mid afternoon. I'll set up then will help out getting ready if I'm able and needed. If you recall @Corrie and @Michael I'm looking for a peripheral spot, not surrounded. Although the Washington trip wasn't bad, thanks to those present. Still be nice if possible. Since you've been Corrie, what site would be good to get allowing do some privacy but still close to group activities. Thanks.

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Our experience last year is that most people rolled in Friday evening, and they wanted to socialize and chill after being on the road. We're working on a few structured events... Including Skottle-gedeon, a cook-off contest featuring the one and only... Tempo Tusk Skottle. [emoji13]

Tried looking for a site on Thursday but it says there are none available :(

**EDIT
I called, they have plenty of sites. If youre going to book on-line do not enter any of the "site type" or "RV type" just leave it as is and hit next

Last edited:

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Tried looking for a site on Thursday but it says there are none available :(

**EDIT
I called, they have plenty of sites. If youre going to book on-line do not enter any of the "site type" or "RV type" just leave it as is and hit next
Ha. Yes, do that! I was like, "There's no way it's sold out on a Thursday in September..." :sweatsmile:

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

I will be arriving Thursday mid afternoon. I'll set up then will help out getting ready if I'm able and needed. If you recall @Corrie and @Michael I'm looking for a peripheral spot, not surrounded. Although the Washington trip wasn't bad, thanks to those present. Still be nice if possible. Since you've been Corrie, what site would be good to get allowing do some privacy but still close to group activities. Thanks.
Sending you a DM. :)

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

Anyone needing a skottle let me know I am selling mine and can bring to the event. Below are details:

1. Tembo Tusk Skottle Grill Kit including Blue Ridge Overland storage bags (Retails $275)
2. Tembo Tusk Wind Shield (Retails $25)
3. Tembo Tusk Skottle Lid Cover (Retails $25)

Selling for: $250

I will be at the Off the Grid event and can bring it to anyone wanting to purchase the skottle. If you are not attending the OTG event I live in Orange County (Socal) and would like to sell it to someone local.

http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/for-sale-tembo-tusk-skottle-w-all-accessories.2664/#post-40823