Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I had it for 2 years and no problem towing it. I find the metal top cover is havie but it is solid. It's good on roads and gravel roads I did not tried it on rocky terrain ( like a Montain ) but I will do it this year I'm going to Mont Radar ( OPEN TRAIL - Domaine du Radar ) I will try it with the tent trailer.
I've only ever had mine on gravel and forest roads as well, with very minor rocky terrain. It does fine, but obviously gets bounced around quite a bit. Have fun on your Mont Radar trip!

Reactions: lemaycanique

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Who is dealer in USA for Patriot Campers?

Hi Guys, I have been towing a Patriot Campers X1GT for a year now, I think by now I know what I'm on about. This trailer manufactured in Brisbane Australia very close to an awful lot of camping. We have dragged this all over Calfornia, Arizona, Colorado, Utah. It is a wicked piece of kit. I did get the pleasure of meeting the developer/founder/builder of the trailer when I picked it up and Justin and Sarah are amazing ambassadors for their product. Matt Green of Exploration Outfitters in Oklahoma is amazing too. here's a couple of pixView attachment 64068

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

As cool as the Off Grid & Hikers are, I'm not sure I could pop the coin for one. I'm not sure I could afford one of these either. But they're real close to me, and seem like nice units. I may end up checking one out.

m_lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Heber City, Utah
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ATX
Looks like someone took notice of another off road trailer manufacturer. looks interesting, not sue about the sink being so close to the fridge/cooker. Why not a DO35 hitch?
Who/which trailer is this directed towards?

Colin Ritchie

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

117A South Irena Avenue Redondo beach CA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Ritchie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGR
Look at the Patriot X1 series trailer, the Tongue box and the gas bottle placement and shape are similar, It's a similar size too. Not a direct copy but some prominent similarities. I often wonder with the hard sided small trailer why they don't spread out over the wheels to give more space inside, once again taking a lead out of the Patriot design.

Colin Ritchie

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

117A South Irena Avenue Redondo beach CA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Ritchie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGR
You have to be careful with these trailers, the fixed axle and no suspension are not Overlanding friendly. I have a buddy spent 13K on a trailer like this I watched as he hit a rock on the side of the trail and the axle bent to the point the wheel was scuffing all the way home. They bounce around a lot too.

m_lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Heber City, Utah
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ATX
Look at the Patriot X1 series trailer, the Tongue box and the gas bottle placement and shape are similar, It's a similar size too. Not a direct copy but some prominent similarities. I often wonder with the hard sided small trailer why they don't spread out over the wheels to give more space inside, once again taking a lead out of the Patriot design.
I think that could be said for just about every off road trailer manufacturer. As far as spreading out over the wheels, it's not really usable FLOOR space because you'd have the wheel wells intruding, maybe shelves or other storage? It would also make for a pretty wide trailer at the top since the sides don't tend to slope in like they do on the tow vehicle.

m_lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Heber City, Utah
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ATX
Looks really neat but why put wood in an offroad/expedition trailer? If it's truly meant to go where your 4x4 will go there will be WATER/MUD/DIRT/SALT/SNOW/ETC which doesn't mesh well with wood!
I’m not sure if your serious or not... The exterior is CAD cut aluminum. The cabinets and interior are wood, but so are most (if not all) of the other teardrop style trailers. If treated/finished properly wood holds up. I hear they make boats and decks out of wood.

• Haha
Reactions: CharlotteJacket