Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Michael
Android 12.1
Pixel 6 Pro
App v11.10.1

On the Plan tab of Maps, tapping on a Resource icon (Camp Site, Offroad Trail, WiFi, etc.) isn't popping up any information about the location (title, notes, coordinates, etc.)

I've tried clearing storage/cache, reinstalling, etc.

Also occasionally have problems with the map snapping back to my current location while panning and zooming around the map. Haven't pinned down to to exactly to reproduce the issue.

Thanks!
You’re in offline mode, go to settings and turn offline mode to automatic.
1F95A0DC-37AB-44C7-9224-734CA56F7808.jpeg

the second issue of your map recentering to your current location is you have the bullseye pressed to center on your location.
F148E980-D84C-48E5-B593-ACFF6F698ADE.jpeg

JustJP

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Pool
Member #

@M Rose thanks for the response!

You’re in offline mode, go to settings and turn offline mode to automatic.
Offline mode doesn't seem to exist in my Settings screen??

Screenshot_20220615-124449.png

the second issue of your map recentering to your current location is you have the bullseye pressed to center on your location.
Unfortunately that isn't what is happening for me, I can very intentionally only interact with the bottom left section of the phone screen and it will still snap back to my location on occasion :worried:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Michael,

Following your post with the new "Get Location From Photo" button I also tried this function again while adding a POI. I think this function is really a great idea and makes it so much easier. But unfortunately, the app still crahes then when I use it.

OB 1 App version 11.10.1.0609
Android 11
Samsung Xcover 4s device

If you need more info or I can help to reconstruct the error just let me know please. Always happy to help.

Bjoern
Got this Bjoern, thank you! I'll report this as is and see if we can track down the issue.

M

Reactions: El-Dracho

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you
@Michael
Android 12.1
Pixel 6 Pro
App v11.10.1

On the Plan tab of Maps, tapping on a Resource icon (Camp Site, Offroad Trail, WiFi, etc.) isn't popping up any information about the location (title, notes, coordinates, etc.)

Also occasionally have problems with the map snapping back to my current location while panning and zooming around the map. Haven't pinned down to to exactly to reproduce the issue.

Thanks!
Thank you! This has been captured. High priority in current sprint. We'll reach out here if we need further information.

M

Landranger

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Tahoe City, CA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Hilton
Member #

Thank you
@Michael
Android 12.1
Pixel 6 Pro
App v11.10.1

Thanks!
Thank you! This has been captured. High priority in current sprint. We'll reach out here if we need further information.

M
I am also having this issue. I cannot select any pins. I also don't have an offline maps selector in settings. I do have an offline maps tab, but when I click it the app takes me to a subscription notification, though I'm subscribed.

Attachments

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you
@Michael
Android 12.1
Pixel 6 Pro
App v11.10.1

Thanks!

M
I am also having this issue. I cannot select any pins. I also don't have an offline maps selector in settings. I do have an offline maps tab, but when I click it the app takes me to a subscription notification, though I'm subscribed.
We have a build submitted to fix this. You have Android correct? Watch for a new build within hours.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Landranger

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Tahoe City, CA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Hilton
Member #

Thank you
@Michael
Android 12.1
Pixel 6 Pro
App v11.10.1

Thanks!

M
We have a build submitted to fix this. You have Android correct? Watch for a new build within hours.
Wow, that was fast! Yes, Google Pixel 6.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you
@Michael
Android 12.1
Pixel 6 Pro
App v11.10.1

Thanks!

M
Wow, that was fast! Yes, Google Pixel 6.
Ya, still in review right now. Might be tomorrow morning.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
You have two separate issues… one @Michael is fixing with the pin selection, the other issue for offline maps has to do with your subscription service. You have the “Adventure Tier” which allows you to view while online, but does not have off line maps and off line navigation. In order to have offline maps in the app you have to be part of the expedition tier. Which yes is an upgrade to your current subscription.

4738D1CA-5609-4DFB-B791-605A422B116A.jpeg

Landranger

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Tahoe City, CA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Hilton
Member #

You have two separate issues… one @Michael is fixing with the pin selection, the other issue for offline maps has to do with your subscription service. You have the “Adventure Tier” which allows you to view while online, but does not have off line maps and off line navigation. In order to have offline maps in the app you have to be part of the expedition tier. Which yes is an upgrade to your current subscription.

View attachment 234031
Thank you for the clarification, that makes sense.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just updated the new version for android. The icons can be tapped again. Great. Thanks for the quick response and the bugfix, great job!

• Love

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Ok... this just started on my android phone.

When I click on the Overland Bound One app, it pulls up (Jeep in the dark blue background), the little wheel starts spinning for a second or two, then it stops (Overland Bound One screen disappears), and I get the message "Overland Bound One has stopped". And I'm given two options: Restart app or Send feedback. When I click on "Restart app", it repeats itself.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (now on version 11.12.1). Still doing it.

Shut down my phone and restarted it. No change.

Any suggestions?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Ok... this just started on my android phone.

When I click on the Overland Bound One app, it pulls up (Jeep in the dark blue background), the little wheel starts spinning for a second or two, then it stops (Overland Bound One screen disappears), and I get the message "Overland Bound One has stopped". And I'm given two options: Restart app or Send feedback. When I click on "Restart app", it repeats itself.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (now on version 11.12.1). Still doing it.

Shut down my phone and restarted it. No change.

Any suggestions?
Mine did this to me earlier today…but now works.. idk