OB1 app "Bug" reports ONLY | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

OB1 app "Bug" reports ONLY

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Mid Europe Member Rep Germany
Expedition
Supporter

World Traveler II

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
I believe you found s "real" issue, and it should be resolved. The reason you should be seen even if you are at the same location, is that our map "scatters" people on the map - so we don't reveal actual location. You not showing is not possible as designed. I found that the recent changes to Expedition and Adventure tier hierarchy broke map display, and anyone in the Expedition group was not being displayed. I believe if you search for yourself on the map now, you will see your pin.
Thank you, Michael. Yes, now I see both pins, also my own position again. Thanks for the quick fix!

Reactions: Michael

Aussie571

Australia NSW Member Rep
Supporter

Influencer I

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi @ Michael the new update is crashing when trying to use the map!
Did this get resolved with the latest version?
What is your Android OS version?
Hi @Michael...map seems to be working ok now since upgrade ...Thanks for your reply...one thing I noticed...do original members now have to subscribe to the yearly rate to use map features?

Also do we have to log in every time we open the app as it requires me to do that every time at the moment?

zgfiredude

Rank V
Adventure

Advocate II

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Hi @Michael...

Also do we have to log in every time we open the app as it requires me to do that every time at the moment?
Along these lines, every time in get in the app it takes me to the map, vs. the forum feed or home or anywhere else??? And it doesn't automatically update the forum feed. If I just go to the feed it looks like there have been zero new posts, but if I click around a bit, it will refresh. I'm on an Iphone 13, but it was also the same on the 12 that I just upgraded.

Reactions: Aussie571 and K12

K12

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Middleton, Canyon County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hi @Michael...

Along these lines, every time in get in the app it takes me to the map, vs. the forum feed or home or anywhere else??? And it doesn't automatically update the forum feed. If I just go to the feed it looks like there have been zero new posts, but if I click around a bit, it will refresh. I'm on an Iphone 13, but it was also the same on the 12 that I just upgraded.
Does this on Android 12 as well.

Reactions: Aussie571

Aussie571

Australia NSW Member Rep
Supporter

Influencer I

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi @Michael...

Does this on Android 12 as well.
Also on the Galaxy S10e...Galaxy A31 and the Galaxy Tab A (2018, 10.5)