Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I believe you found s "real" issue, and it should be resolved. The reason you should be seen even if you are at the same location, is that our map "scatters" people on the map - so we don't reveal actual location. You not showing is not possible as designed. I found that the recent changes to Expedition and Adventure tier hierarchy broke map display, and anyone in the Expedition group was not being displayed. I believe if you search for yourself on the map now, you will see your pin.
Thank you, Michael. Yes, now I see both pins, also my own position again. Thanks for the quick fix!

Reactions: Michael

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi @ Michael the new update is crashing when trying to use the map!
Did this get resolved with the latest version?
What is your Android OS version?
Hi @Michael...map seems to be working ok now since upgrade ...Thanks for your reply...one thing I noticed...do original members now have to subscribe to the yearly rate to use map features?

Also do we have to log in every time we open the app as it requires me to do that every time at the moment?

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Hi @Michael...

Also do we have to log in every time we open the app as it requires me to do that every time at the moment?
Along these lines, every time in get in the app it takes me to the map, vs. the forum feed or home or anywhere else??? And it doesn't automatically update the forum feed. If I just go to the feed it looks like there have been zero new posts, but if I click around a bit, it will refresh. I'm on an Iphone 13, but it was also the same on the 12 that I just upgraded.

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hi @Michael...

Along these lines, every time in get in the app it takes me to the map, vs. the forum feed or home or anywhere else??? And it doesn't automatically update the forum feed. If I just go to the feed it looks like there have been zero new posts, but if I click around a bit, it will refresh. I'm on an Iphone 13, but it was also the same on the 12 that I just upgraded.
Does this on Android 12 as well.

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi @Michael...

Does this on Android 12 as well.
Also on the Galaxy S10e...Galaxy A31 and the Galaxy Tab A (2018, 10.5)

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
OB1 11.2.2.0111
The up and down arrows in the message section, when clicked, hangs on the loading wheel and locks the OB1 app. App restart required to restore. IOS 15.2.1

Attachments

Last edited:

jcgraves3

Investor

Influencer I

First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
OB1 11.2.2.0111 IOS 15.2.1

If you click out side a reply when typing up a reply you lose everything you just typed. Not sure if this is a bug or just the way it is. Is there a way to preserve what you typed?

Reactions: Joe Wolf

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi @Michael...map seems to be working ok now since upgrade ...Thanks for your reply...one thing I noticed...do original members now have to subscribe to the yearly rate to use map features?

You do not have to subscribe to use map features. Please let me know if you are having issues. There is a "Line of demarcation" you can see at this link. Let me know if you have questions: Overland Bound Member and Feature Tiers - Overland Bound

Reactions: Aussie571

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
There was a recent issue which has been fixed. Your forum feed should update properly now. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Reactions: zgfiredude

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OB1 11.2.2.0111
The up and down arrows in the message section, when clicked, hangs on the loading wheel and locks the OB1 app. App restart required to restore. IOS 15.2.1
OK thank you - we have reproduced this issue. I've captured a ticket to have this fixed.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hello Team,
The ‘message members’ button found on the map/members is not working.
Hi John,

Thank you for your help with the app! I just tried this locally and it worked for me. Can you let me know what device, app version, and operating system you are using? That will help us to track down the issue.

Thank you!

M

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

You do not have to subscribe to use map features. Please let me know if you are having issues. There is a "Line of demarcation" you can see at this link. Let me know if you have questions: Overland Bound Member and Feature Tiers - Overland Bound
Thanks @Michael...the seems to work ok...but I don't have access to the map layers like I did before as it keeps popping up the subscribe to Adventure or Expedition option...so therefore can't access it like I'm now a basic member!

jcgraves3

Investor

Influencer I

First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hello Team,
The ‘message members’ button found on the map/members is not working.
Hi John,

Thank you for your help with the app! I just tried this locally and it worked for me. Can you let me know what device, app version, and operating system you are using? That will help us to track down the issue.

Thank you!

M
Hi Michael,

Let me know if this is what you need:

OB1 version - 11.2.2.0111
IOS version - 15.2.1

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Last edited:

Jmisslyn

Rank VI

Influencer I

Napa
First Name
Lyn
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCU
I was using the Exp App on my android phone/Galaxy S21 and it froze up. Had to uninstall and reinstall. Did not come back in the Expedition format.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I was using the Exp App on my android phone/Galaxy S21 and it froze up. Had to uninstall and reinstall. Did not come back in the Expedition format.
Hi Lyn,

Your account is still Expedition activated so as long as you logged in with the same account you should be set. Clearly it should not freeze up. Any detail there would be helpful.

Thank you!

M

Redmax431

Rank II

Contributor II

Menlo Park, San Mateo County, California, United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Hey folks,
I'm having a rough time with the app and trying to figure out what might be operator error vs issues in the app.

Phone: Google Pixel 6
Build #: SQ1D.220105.007
Kernel: 5.10.43-android12-9-00005-g740f7fbe5f39-ab7943734
App: 11.2.2.0111

tl;dr of issues:
  • member number wraps on welcome screen (cosmetic) (0:02)
  • 3 word locations (e.g. excellent.amazing.skyscraper) not searchable (0:20)
  • often see "unable to load information..." (0:55)
  • forums won't load (1:02)
  • forums by category just scroll loading animation (1:12)
  • clicking person tile in lower right causes app freeze (1:35)
  • often see "something went wrong while fetching user data" on first start (screenshot)

I've linked a screen recording and attached a screenshot to hopefully capture/share what i'm seeing. Happy to provide any additional info.

Thank You!

Kevin M.

Attachments

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
On iPad the map layers aren’t all accessible, only a few, the “scrolling” only moves a small amount.