Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cherokee,IA
First Name
David
Last Name
Julius
Member #

I have been having the same problem. my pin was on the map and then it was gone I have tried to reset my location but no luck

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I don't know what happened but my map pin left the US AND returned (almost) back to where it should be. since then it has drifted off again. now it's only 20-30 miles away from where I live. it's not the end of the world,I guess I can live with it.

I did make myself look a bit stupid recently when I started a conversation with another member. his pin appeared quite close so I enquired about meeting up. it turns out he actually lives 200 or so miles away. his pin indicated otherwise.

I guess there are issues with the new map and other people are having problems too

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

my map pin left the US AND returned (almost) back to where it should be. since then it has drifted off again. now it's only 20-30 miles away from where I live.
I'm glad to see that you're at least back in the same country now, Keith! By design, @Michael has the pin set to float within something like 25 miles of your actual location. This is for security, so that it doesn't point to your house. I think 5 miles might be a better range. A 25 mile radius for me includes about 40 cities and communities. But usually, my pin is in Lake Erie. ::screwy::

Reactions: John D.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I'm glad to see that you're at least back in the same country now, Keith! By design, @Michael has the pin set to float within something like 25 miles of your actual location. This is for security, so that it doesn't point to your house. I think 5 miles might be a better range. A 25 mile radius for me includes about 40 cities and communities. But usually, my pin is in Lake Erie. ::screwy::
Many thanks indeed for your assistance. I believe there are others having similar issues. I understand the security aspect of your statement. thanks again, I'll continue to fly the flag where I can for OB (I mean it literally as I bought one of the large OB flags). I hope I have also spread the word to friends i made during my Royal Navy service up and down the country and in other countries to join this team of like minded people.

Thanks again OB

Reactions: Steve

J Tosh Reed

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Member #

When you become a badge-holding Overland Bound Member, you get access to the Map of OB Members . This allows you to see what other Overland Bound members are in your area!

Colors indicate the member status:

1. Platinum - Founder 500
2. Gold - OB Member
3. Bright Yellow - Benefactor
4. Green - Moderator
5. Black - Forum user, not member

There are a few steps to gaining access:
  • You MUST be an OB Member (badge holder) and have your forum account upgraded to "Member" (you will have a gold banner in your forum profile card that says "Member".
  • If you are not a member with an emblem, Go here: OB Member, then contact us to upgrade your forum account.
  • You can now access the Member Map!
  • In your user drop down menu, edit "Personal Details".
  • Edit "Map Location" - This is your location on the member map.
  • Also edit "Host and "Helper" to indicate if you are available for members to stay, ior call you for assistance!
Hi @Michael , @Steve
When I tried this, it didn't even have a edit map location option for me.
My position on the map shows as about 5 thousand Km away, so on the east coast, and I'm on the west coast. I tried adjusting my location, and my radius from 5 to 1, cleared my cache, and tried different computers, operating systems. Still no luck. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Kies

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Carterville, Illinois
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Kiesling
Member #

Hi Michael
I just noticed my pin is black on the map. I s there. Something I have to do to update it?
Thanks
Mike

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Hi,
I have my badge and a member # yet I cannot access the map. What do I need to do? Member number #2856

Swaffybuilt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Monroe Ohio
Member #

@Michael , @Steve ...evening gentlemen....I have had zero luck finding myself on the map. I can access the link from all three platforms: mobile, laptop, and tablet and have checked both my location ( Monroe ohio) and adjusted my privacy settings to reflect accordingly. Still nothing...please assist.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I
@Michael , @Steve ...evening gentlemen....I have had zero luck finding myself on the map. I can access the link from all three platforms: mobile, laptop, and tablet and have checked both my location ( Monroe ohio) and adjusted my privacy settings to reflect accordingly. Still nothing...please assist.
'll check this out for you now..just a minute.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OK
Fixed - it was a privacy setting. Your location will fluctuate within 2kms and thats normal. I'm going to try to improve the privacy setting issue so folks don't run in to this issue.

Thanks!

M

Reactions: Swaffybuilt

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Hi Michael,
Can you please upgrade my account s requested above. Member #2856. Currently I get the same message "Lets see if we can figure this out"
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.