Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Just joined OB today. I registered to attend the NWOR over a month ago. Not sure if they assigned a spot for me yet. But If they have I will inquire about the location of the OB plot and venture over and introduce myself. I will be driving the white thing-a-ma-jig.

Sites are not assigned. First come first serve but if you RSVP at the link above, you should get a spot in the OB area. I assume that is still first come first serve but you are assured the 'Quiet Section' and with the OB group.

Last edited:
Reactions: rltennal

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Hi Jedi, I want to make sure I am correct on any information I might be sharing. Am I safe to assume that the OB spots are still first come first serve, but have the benefit of being with the OB group as well as assuring 'Quiet Section' camping? Thank you in advance, Stephen

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Just joined OB today. I registered to attend the NWOR over a month ago. Not sure if they assigned a spot for me yet. But If they have I will inquire about the location of the OB plot and venture over and introduce myself. I will be driving the white thing-a-ma-jig.
Hope everyone that can will come, new and old Members of OB and camp with the group! Bob4wheeler, Elm Tee, Aaron Reddecliffe, welcome to Overland Bound! Vance,

rltennal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

I really look forward to this. I hope we can also plan something for later summer. Also, I'm putting together a trip for after Christmas down to death valley or Mohave road, if anyone is interested. Designation is up in the air, but the time line is pretty much set.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Anyone headed out from the North Sound, Like Mount Vernon, Whidbey Island, Bellingham? Would any one like to caravan out to Plain?
Jedi, is coming from that side. He is the one that set things in motion, so we could get a designated campsite as a group. He does a lot of work for Members around the North Sound. I do remember seeing something about a caravan from that side of the State. Likewise, Sandpoint Steve, has one coming from the East side! I know this years Rally will be great! Vance.

Reactions: rltennal

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

So I've copied the main body of this post from another NWOR thread, but us in the inland NW are convoying in and were discussing a little potluck action one of the days at the rally. Everyone bring something. I am bringing a camp chef stove and can do all the prep work.

So, 10#s of carne adovada, check. I will pick up some fresh tortillas from the mexican grocery down the street. I'll also bring some jars of homemade salsa.
Here's a list of what people should gather:
Romaine lettuce (1 big head or 2 or 3 hearts)
Cilantro
Roma tomatoes (5 or 6)
Cheddar
Sour cream
Tortilla chips
avocados (4 or 5)
limes (4 or 5)
That should cover the tacos and chips and salsa. I could bust out some guacamole too if anyone wants to bring a few extra avocados and some red onion. Any other snacks or taco toppers I forgot feel free.

I haven't seen this years event schedule yet. Any thoughts on the best day or time to do our meal? I'd say wait till Friday when most people will be there but I don't want to conflict with anyone's eventing so let's brainstorm. I can edit the shopping list if it seems like we will have more people than food.
adovada.JPG

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

So I've copied the main body of this post from another NWOR thread, but us in the inland NW are convoying in and were discussing a little potluck action one of the days at the rally. Everyone bring something. I am bringing a camp chef stove and can do all the prep work.

So, 10#s of carne adovada, check. I will pick up some fresh tortillas from the mexican grocery down the street. I'll also bring some jars of homemade salsa.
Here's a list of what people should gather:
Romaine lettuce (1 big head or 2 or 3 hearts)
Cilantro
Roma tomatoes (5 or 6)
Cheddar
Sour cream
Tortilla chips
avocados (4 or 5)
limes (4 or 5)
That should cover the tacos and chips and salsa. I could bust out some guacamole too if anyone wants to bring a few extra avocados and some red onion. Any other snacks or taco toppers I forgot feel free.

I haven't seen this years event schedule yet. Any thoughts on the best day or time to do our meal? I'd say wait till Friday when most people will be there but I don't want to conflict with anyone's eventing so let's brainstorm. I can edit the shopping list if it seems like we will have more people than food.
View attachment 100278
Put me down for avocados and limes!

Reactions: chuckoverland

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

The potluck sound like a real good plan. I will not be into eating that late, but will still enjoy the fellowship around friends and good food! Vance.

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

I'm thinking about it... Planned on hitting the TAT but that might be put off till next year. Is anyone thinking of doing the Washington back roads trail or any other trails after the Rally?

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I'm thinking about it... Planned on hitting the TAT but that might be put off till next year. Is anyone thinking of doing the Washington back roads trail or any other trails after the Rally?
Yes, HYW 2 North, to the Canada border. You are welcome to join me as anyone else is also welcome. Vance.

Reactions: TerraRoamer