Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, FL
First Name
D
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

47A8CE4F-3BE1-4017-9B6F-4EC1ECA886E5.pngSomething I found coming up.
I like camping but it’s hard to persuade the wife unless I have a camper setup lol. Was going to rent one but got busy with work.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Wish our area would do something more Overland related that wasn't so manufacturer specific! Panama City Beach has Jeep Jam but seriously we need something more all encompassing here in our area!

Reactions: TxRanger3006

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Wish our area would do something more Overland related that wasn't so manufacturer specific! Panama City Beach has Jeep Jam but seriously we need something more all encompassing here in our area!
Well if we grew a little more we could be that big event lol.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well if we grew a little more we could be that big event lol.
What I see is a bunch of individual events, I currently know of a Toyota, Land Rover and Jeep events that happen in NW Florida and there are probably others I don't know about. It would be nice if those events could be combined into one big event where all manufacturers would be included. I know the Jeep event sticks to just Jeeps, not sure bout the Toyota event. The Land Rover event is the only one that seems to invite others to join them, I'll be attending that one in April.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Anybody know of anywhere in NW Florida open to camping? The weather is going to be nice and cool this weekend, might be our last chance at a cool weekend for camping with summer around the corner.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Have you checked recently? I know a decent amount of stuff opened back up mon. I’ve been working so much I haven’t been able to even look at my camping gear let alone use it.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
The only state park to open in the area is Grayton Beach and that's just the trails North of 30A, no camping permitted. The Eglin Range is open and camping is allowed if you had a previous permit but they aren't issuing any new permits at this time.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The only state park to open in the area is Grayton Beach and that's just the trails North of 30A, no camping permitted. The Eglin Range is open and camping is allowed if you had a previous permit but they aren't issuing any new permits at this time.
You just may have to camp in Georgia ! :mask:

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well it's Hump Day and since I couldn't find anywhere in the beginning of the week I'm going to just go fishing with the boys. We're going to take our Kayaks and start at Roberts Pond on Eglin and see where it takes us. Lot's of ponds on Eglin that we've fished in the past from shore but now with Kayaks access will be a lot better!

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Yea I just picked a part up for my boat, hoping to be on the water next weekend. If not then back to kayaks lol.

Stalspeed

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pensacola
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Stal
Member #

New member here, live in Navarre. Have a Silverado 4x4, not really kitted out for specific OL’ing, but love to get out into the woods, camp, and meet up with like minded individuals! Ride DB’s all over BW and Eglin, so I’m familiar with what this area has to offer! Let’s do this!
Ian

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Found out Monday the State Forests had opened up some camping so I booked a tent site at Hurricane Lake South Campground in Blackwater for this coming weekend and good thing I didn't wait, looks like both North and South campgrounds are booked out now! I checked the weather and highs will be in the low 80's with lows in the low 60's so the evenings should be nice and kayaking out on the lake and doing some fishing shouldn't be too bad!

Stalspeed

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pensacola
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Stal
Member #

Wilderness Landing (my favorite) is also an option on the BW River. Great wide open FREE camping with great clean bathrooms!

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Wilderness Landing (my favorite) is also an option on the BW River. Great wide open FREE camping with great clean bathrooms!
So what I can figure out from a Google search is that Wilderness Landing is an Okaloosa County Public Park. Here's what it says about it:

"This 25 acre park tucked along the Blackwater River in the Blackwater River State Forest has a boatramp as well as picnicking areas, hiking, fishing and just plain ol’ watching the river roll by. Access off Hwy 4 from Barton Road, left on Corduroy Road, then left again onto Wilderness Landing Road."

It doesn't say anything about camping but you know for sure it is allowed? Maybe Sunday on our way home we'll swing by there and take a look.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Enjoyed a nice weekend at Hurricane Lake, love the fact their primitive sites at the South campground are right on the water! Will post some more pictures when I get them off my phone but here's one of the view from my RTT when I woke up Saturday just before sunrise! I have a couple more of the kayaks loaded on my truck, kind of surprised myself getting my RTT and 3 kayaks loaded up on the custom built Superstrut rack on my truck. Everything held fine 52 miles there and then 52 miles home!

Hurricane Lake 5-16-20_1.jpgKayaks on Truck 1.jpgKayaks on Truck 2.jpg

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Just booked a primitive tent site at Bear Lake for Friday June 12th - Sunday June 14th! The nice thing about Bear Lake is you have a 1.3 mile trail from there to Krul Lake which is a spring fed swimming hole! Looks there's 2 tent only sites and 1 RV/Tent site left if anybody else is interested in going!

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Well I was but just got reminded it’s my youngest bday, at the moment I’m looking at possibly not this weekend but next, if not then I can just do it later. So idk if your down that soon but the end of may weekend looks good for me lol.