Locust Grove, VA
First Name
Leif
Last Name
Henecke
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
We’re up for pretty much anything... we live about 5 minutes from the winery on Rt 3 so could check that out most anytime. Chris, we met down at Pocahontas SP last Fall, you had your TM and we were there with our Cricket.

Reactions: N8FLY and Casper66

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Ok, I spoke with the owners of Wilderness Winery on rte 3. They do buisness with us. The are happy for us to have a meet there. They said there are trails to ride and, even though they had never done this before, they would let us camp there. I told them i was thiking fall as grape harvest is approaching quickly. I would be up to meeting with some body out there if they want to look aroundand see what it's like. IDK quite how you could organize this on here as thre isn't a lot of activity.
Ya me and my wife would be down, she's never camped before but you said winery and she said "in". I can probably convince another guy to go to with is truck and homebuilt trailer

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

We’re up for pretty much anything... we live about 5 minutes from the winery on Rt 3 so could check that out most anytime. Chris, we met down at Pocahontas SP last Fall, you had your TM and we were there with our Cricket.
I remember you well. That'll work just let me figure out when it may be an evening after work. I don't see where this will violate any Covid distancing requirements s we will be outside. I will have to coordinate with the boys at wilderness before we go so they will be there. This will most likely be an early fall event but e can check it out before then for sure then comence with plans

Reactions: N8FLY

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
I'm in for something. Changing up my setup on the Jeep and waiting on my new bed rack...hoping to have it in a week or two and eventually (12-16 week lead time :/ have a Gobi Stealth rack on order too)...But my RTT will be mounted again as soon as the new bed rack is here. If you all decide to do something soon, I'll just pop up my dome tent.

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Reactions: jakeandhisdodge

N8FLY

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fredericksburg, VA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
M
Member #

Ok, I spoke with the owners of Wilderness Winery on rte 3. They do buisness with us. The are happy for us to have a meet there. They said there are trails to ride and, even though they had never done this before, they would let us camp there. I told them i was thiking fall as grape harvest is approaching quickly. I would be up to meeting with some body out there if they want to look aroundand see what it's like. IDK quite how you could organize this on here as thre isn't a lot of activity.
The winery sounds like a great idea! I'm interested in a meetup / campout. If it involves a winery, my wife would likely be interested as well. No RTT yet, so it would be a ground tent. Let me know if you do a recon/meetup ahead of time...I live about 30 minutes away.

Reactions: Casper66 and No mad

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Keep me posted - I may be interested as well. If not for camping, just to drop in and say hello to the boys.

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

PETERS MILL RUN OVERNIGHT CAMP TOMORROW (Northern Virginia)

Heads up everyone, I’m going out for an overnight camp at Little Fort Campground (primitive) and wheeling the Peter Mills / Taskers Gap area. If you’ve been there you know it’s beginner friendly.

Leaving from Woodbridge area around 6:30am, arriving around 8:30-9:00am.
- Taking SR234 to I-66 West
- Stopping by The Apple House by Front Royal for food
- Set up camp and hike to lookout tower
- Back for lunch then wheel a bit
- Back for dinner and maybe do a night run
- Sleep, breakfast, pack up, wheel again and go
- Lunch around Middleburg

You know the route and plan. I can meet anywhere along the way or at destination. I’ll be in a Gray ‘13 Tundra on 35’s. Might be with 1-3 teenage boys. Can text at 703 881 8556 David

Iceman.Actual

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Cape Coral, FL, USA
First Name
Payton
Last Name
DeMay
Member #

PETERS MILL RUN OVERNIGHT CAMP TOMORROW (Northern Virginia)

Heads up everyone, I’m going out for an overnight camp at Little Fort Campground (primitive) and wheeling the Peter Mills / Taskers Gap area. If you’ve been there you know it’s beginner friendly.
A little sad I have a trip planned for the Paw Paw/Cumberland area now. Highly recommend this for those who haven’t explored the GWNF area, beautiful and peaceful land with little to no contact while out camping.

Reactions: Nootherids

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

What ever happened with the flying circus?
Life happened. Got busy and it went to the back burner. Thanks for the reminder - I’ll circle back with them on Monday....or if I go to the show this Sunday now that it’s on my mind!

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

If yall haven't hit up taskers gap before just remember it is open to atvs, dirt bikes, and side by sides. So make sure you take it easy and look for the dumb asses on the trail, a couple weeks ago i had to put my bike up on the side to dodge a guy on a quad who stopped, stared at me. And was promptly rear ended by the idiot behind him. And this was after he almost ran over my riding partner that was ahead of me around a bend.

Reactions: Nootherids

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

We'd be down for camping at the winery...if it didnt already happen. Only seeing everything now; gotta fix my app notifications.