Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
PETERS MILL RUN OVERNIGHT CAMP TOMORROW (Northern Virginia)

Heads up everyone, I’m going out for an overnight camp at Little Fort Campground (primitive) and wheeling the Peter Mills / Taskers Gap area. If you’ve been there you know it’s beginner friendly.

Leaving from Woodbridge area around 6:30am, arriving around 8:30-9:00am.
- Taking SR234 to I-66 West
- Stopping by The Apple House by Front Royal for food
- Set up camp and hike to lookout tower
- Back for lunch then wheel a bit
- Back for dinner and maybe do a night run
- Sleep, breakfast, pack up, wheel again and go
- Lunch around Middleburg

You know the route and plan. I can meet anywhere along the way or at destination. I’ll be in a Gray ‘13 Tundra on 35’s. Might be with 1-3 teenage boys. Can text at 703 881 8556 David
Just seeing this and got my RTT mounted Saturday...sorry I missed this, definitely interested in the next time you go.

Reactions: Nootherids

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Just seeing this and got my RTT mounted Saturday...sorry I missed this, definitely interested in the next time you go.
Yeah it’s a fun and simple trail. I even let my 16 year olds drive for a while and let them ride in the back of the truck too. I have a friend with a new (to him) stock Jeep that hasn’t been off the pavement yet so I plan on another trip soon.

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Yeah it’s a fun and simple trail. I even let my 16 year olds drive for a while and let them ride in the back of the truck too. I have a friend with a new (to him) stock Jeep that hasn’t been off the pavement yet so I plan on another trip soon.
I headed out there in January to get my Jeep Badge of Honor but the trail was closed I guess for the season or I couldn't find the right trail head, but I also didn't realize that I needed to stop and get a pass first at a gas station so it all worked out, but plan on making the trek out again soon. I've been limited to travel distance since March and as my restrictions are lifting at work, ready to get away from the house.

Reactions: N8FLY

RedLeg

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Locust Grove, VA
First Name
Leif
Last Name
Henecke
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
We just ran it a couple of weeks ago south to north in my wife’s JKU so she could get her badge, not too bad and her badge came quickly. The camping at Little Fort is a little sketchy. We camped at Elizabeth Furnace NFS and it was very nice with good facilities.

Reactions: N8FLY

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

We'd be down for camping at the winery...if it didnt already happen. Only seeing everything now; gotta fix my app notifications.
What app are you using? I thought I had it on TapATalk but I can’t find it there anymore. Either that or the format changes and I have no idea what I’m doing. ‍♂
Using the ob app...possibly just my phone that sucks.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

I'm not free until the weekend of the 19th...anyone want to set up a sunday morning coffee meat on the 20th?

Contributor I

Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
JP
Last Name
Arnold
I am down for something on a weekend. I won't be available until the end of the month. We're heading out for two weeks to the Badlands and Yellowstone. I know here in Frederick Toyota's and coffee is a huge event. It happens the last Saturday of the month at the local Krispy Kreme. They've just picked the place and time and consistently build it up over time.

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
I'm not free until the weekend of the 19th...anyone want to set up a sunday morning coffee meat on the 20th?
I'm doing an adventure race on the 20th, so won't be able to make it most likely.

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
I'm winning. It was a battle, but I got the new axle's installed on the Toyota. Now I have some grease to clean up. It will be easier next time. I hope to be out on the trail soon.

Attachments

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

There's a C&C this weekend at Dulles Landing...might consider going if I'm not out camping with the spousal unit.

What: Cars & Coffee
When: Sunday, September 20th, Early
Where: Dunkin Donuts @ Dulles Landing (24560 Dulles Landing Drive, Dulles, VA 20166)

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

There's a C&C this weekend at Dulles Landing...might consider going if I'm not out camping with the spousal unit.

What: Cars & Coffee
When: Sunday, September 20th, Early
Where: Dunkin Donuts @ Dulles Landing (24560 Dulles Landing Drive, Dulles, VA 20166)
Hey I'm actually close to that one, I'd probably go