Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Flying circus update - it’s a perfect location but it will need to planned out pretty far in advance. I actually went to the show (which was a decent afternoon out for the family, btw), the place wasn’t too crowded, bathrooms were clean and the size of the parking/field are is huge. The question is whether we would want to use the field for a meet and meet only, or do it in conjunction with an air show. It would be great just to park, have coffee, maybe cool out/picnic, etc.

I hope everyone is doing well with everything going on this year. If anyone is on here and needs anything, private message me. We are all in this together.

N8FLY

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fredericksburg, VA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
M
Member #

Flying circus update - it’s a perfect location but it will need to planned out pretty far in advance. I actually went to the show (which was a decent afternoon out for the family, btw), the place wasn’t too crowded, bathrooms were clean and the size of the parking/field are is huge. The question is whether we would want to use the field for a meet and meet only, or do it in conjunction with an air show. It would be great just to park, have coffee, maybe cool out/picnic, etc.

I hope everyone is doing well with everything going on this year. If anyone is on here and needs anything, private message me. We are all in this together.
Count me in!

Buzzerfly

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Buzz
Last Name
Covington
Member #

Hello! New to the group (and overlanding). I am looking forward to joining up and getting some good advice from those of you with plenty of experience. I live in Leesburg.

Reactions: Specter and N8FLY

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Welcome guys. I'm in Lorton...technically a regional rep for MD, but here to help as I can...I'm pretty new to Overlanding so definitely not the one with the most experience and unfortunately haven't been able to get out to do anything this last year, but I have a trip planned in the spring to do the Trans American Trail and hope to earn my chops and see the country while doing it. I did have a meet up at my house last Fall and can schedule another one soon. I have 2 acres, a big circle driveway with plenty of parking for rigs and a big firepit to hangout around just to get introduced and see if we can plan more. I also plan to try to get to Peter's Mill in the next several weeks.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Welcome all.

Anyone have any winter trips planned? I got invited to a low-key trip that might be fun but wondering if anyone has anything else coming up. I miss hitting the GAT on a bi-weekly basis...might need to take a trip out to WV soon.

Might be a good idea to see if people want to meat up at the C&C at Dulles on Sundays...be good to put faces to names and chat. It's early though... @jakeandhisdodge

cgflyer

Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
I don't have anything planned officially until the end of April...I am doing the TAT for two months. Taking my terminal leave from retiring from the Coast Guard and going to enjoy me Jeep and tent for a bit. I know I will be a little early for some of the mountain passes, but hope I can get through most of it. As for the winter, I would like to do some cool weekend trips.

Reactions: N8FLY

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

House hunting on Sunday after the C&C at Dulles Landing on Sunday...anyone interested in meeting up for the C&C?

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

The bad news is I’ll be traveling for two weeks at a time, and every two weeks, from now until April. The good news is that when I’m home I’m off! Hopefully things will continue to remain open and I’ll be able to do some last minute meet ups and trips.

Reactions: Brock Samson

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

What's up everyone, DC guy here. Looking for some folks that are close.

I'm heading to the RTT Rally this weekend, anyone going?

cgflyer

Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
What's up everyone, DC guy here. Looking for some folks that are close.

I'm heading to the RTT Rally this weekend, anyone going?
Where and what is the RTT Rally? I'm in Lorton, VA

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Blue Ridge Overland Gear has an annual event in Gladstone, VA. Its a RTT rally. Very limited this year and tickets are sold out. But something to track for the future. We were able to snag tickets.

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Headed out somewhere sat if anyone is interested in doing a 1 night overnight event