Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Sleepy head slowed me down some
Thanks for meeting up. Nice to meet other members and I was much more comfortable on that trail with someone else there.
until next time, DOM
How is the trail on a difficulty scale? Haven’t tried it yet.
Depends on the way you go. I can do it with the Jeep commander no issues but anything smaller with open diffs you may need to stack some rocks in places. A guy in front of us got stuck 3x before we where able to get around him.

Attachments

deFine_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pemberwick Park Lane, Houston, Texas 77070, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
DeFino
Member #

Depends on the way you go. I can do it with the Jeep commander no issues but anything smaller with open diffs you may need to stack some rocks in places. A guy in front of us got stuck 3x before we where able to get around him.

Attachments

Reactions: Hafaday

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Friends,
I’m in conversations with a representative from the Flying Circus Aerodome (Flying Circus Airshow) to do a “Overlanding Day” during one of their events. The Flying Circus Aerodrome is located 14 miles SE of Warrenton, VA and 22 miles NW of Fredericksburg, VA, just off Route 17, at 5114 Ritchie Road (Route 644) in Bealeton, VA. In short, it’s a weekly air show (Sunday’s) with bi-planes, etc., as well as airplane rides offered before and after each show - perfect for families. The gates typically open at 11, pre-show at 2, air show at 2:30 and it ends at 4pm. In my mind this means doing rig walk arounds, picnicking and hanging out for a few hours, then watching a cool air show and enjoying time with everyone. The field is huge, grassy and perfect for setting up the rigs. Plus theres restrooms and food vendors on site. Before I negotiate a group price I wanted to check the level of interest...so who would be interested in the “1st Annual Aerodome & Overland Day Out”?

If you are on other forums, feel free to gauge interest and let me know. I’d love for this to be an annual Overland event. Thanks!!!

deFine_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pemberwick Park Lane, Houston, Texas 77070, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
DeFino
Member #

Friends,
I’m in conversations with a representative from the Flying Circus Aerodome (Flying Circus Airshow) to do a “Overlanding Day” during one of their events. The Flying Circus Aerodrome is located 14 miles SE of Warrenton, VA and 22 miles NW of Fredericksburg, VA, just off Route 17, at 5114 Ritchie Road (Route 644) in Bealeton, VA. In short, it’s a weekly air show (Sunday’s) with bi-planes, etc., as well as airplane rides offered before and after each show - perfect for families. The gates typically open at 11, pre-show at 2, air show at 2:30 and it ends at 4pm. In my mind this means doing rig walk arounds, picnicking and hanging out for a few hours, then watching a cool air show and enjoying time with everyone. The field is huge, grassy and perfect for setting up the rigs. Plus theres restrooms and food vendors on site. Before I negotiate a group price I wanted to check the level of interest...so who would be interested in the “1st Annual Aerodome & Overland Day Out”?

If you are on other forums, feel free to gauge interest and let me know. I’d love for this to be an annual Overland event. Thanks!!!
I’d be up for a meetup like this. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help coordinate this. I am on no other forums or groups.

Reactions: KvnAhrn and Specter

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Friends,

We’d be in depending on date

Reactions: Specter

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Still have the Commander, huh? Cool deal.

Nick80

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Still have the Commander, huh? Cool deal.
Yep I plan on keeping it another year or so. Just did the big break kit and replaced the front driveshaft.

Reactions: Hafaday