Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I’m up for a meet if we can get one organized.
Problem is where with the restrictions. I could see if we could do it where I work but IDK if everybody wants to drive that far. Prince Michel Winery , Leon Va. There is the Rapidan WMA close by where some trails can be driven

Reactions: Hafaday

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Let me do some thinking and make a few calls...
To get into the Rapidan WMA you are supposed to have a hunting or fishing license or a day pass can be bought cheaply somewhere. I haven't ever seen anybody checking but I always have a hunting license so don't worry about it

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I spoke with my supervisor and he said a met here would be fine. I can arrange a private area for us and just maybe a tour of the wine cellar / brewery. @Specter it’s at least a consideration and if you’d like to come see the area and what is accessible here right now I can meet you here sometime

Reactions: jakeandhisdodge

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I spoke with my supervisor and he said a met here would be fine. I can arrange a private area for us and just maybe a tour of the wine cellar / brewery. @Specter it’s at least a consideration and if you’d like to come see the area and what is accessible here right now I can meet you here sometime
Awesome! Let’s pick a date and make it happen. I know a lot of guys who are making plans so the more notice the better. Maybe a week or two out? Appreciate the effort, Casper. Look forward to catching up!

Reactions: Hafaday

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

A couple weeks out will be the 4th weekend I am sure many have plans. Perhaps the weekend after

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Problem is where with the restrictions. I could see if we could do it where I work but IDK if everybody wants to drive that far. Prince Michel Winery , Leon Va. There is the Rapidan WMA close by where some trails can be driven
The beer is tasty.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I am new to the community and would be interested in meeting up with some fellow overlanders. I currently live in Pasadena, MD, but most of my life was spent in SW VA. What would i need to do to participate in a group event.

-DOM
To participate you just need to attend a meet up, bringing everyone in attendance a fine cigar and a bottle of whiskey. It’s silly I know, but we’ve all done it. Alright, alright. Just kidding, of course. You just need to show up! Most of the meet ups are posted here so just pick one and come on out. Everyone from this area is super helpful, so if you have questions, just post it or private message one of us.I look forward to meeting you!

deFine_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pemberwick Park Lane, Houston, Texas 77070, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
DeFino
Member #

To participate you just need to attend a meet up, bringing everyone in attendance a fine cigar and a bottle of whiskey. It’s silly I know, but we’ve all done it. Alright, alright. Just kidding, of course. You just need to show up! Most of the meet ups are posted here so just pick one and come on out. Everyone from this area is super helpful, so if you have questions, just post it or private message one of us.I look forward to meeting you!
Sounds great. Thanks, can’t wait to get out and meet some fellow community members.

SleipnirTheJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Warrenton, VA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Blake
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Checking in. I’m traveling again for work but returning this week to VA - thank God. I’m definitely down for some meet ups over the next month or two. Speaking of which, has anyone been to the Flying Circus off 17 in Bealeton (https://www.flyingcircusairshow.com/map.html)?I haven’t seen the show but I took my sons train spotting near it a few weeks again and stopped by. In short, it had an enormous field that is level, secluded and beautiful. Tons of space! While I’m down for meeting at coffee shops and breweries when we can’t get to dirt, this place may be awesome for more of a ‘field day’, or ‘family day’ type get together. I may reach out to them and see about permission. More to come on that... Hope everyone is doing well.
New here to the OB Forums. If it's a big field you're looking for why not Fauquier County Fairgrounds? I think NOVA Jeepers does a Show and Shine there once a year. It's easy to get to and plenty of space. Also @Casper66 is the Prince Michel thing still on the table? I am in Warrenton so it's not a far drive. Would love to meet up with some folks to put faces to names. I don't have cigars and whiskey, but I got MEAD! Also are there swap meets? Would love to get some more gear for the rig or atleast check out what there is to offer since Overland Expo is now cancelled. #SadFace

Skal,
James

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

New here to the OB Forums. If it's a big field you're looking for why not Fauquier County Fairgrounds? I think NOVA Jeepers does a Show and Shine there once a year. It's easy to get to and plenty of space. Also @Casper66 is the Prince Michel thing still on the table? I am in Warrenton so it's not a far drive. Would love to meet up with some folks to put faces to names. I don't have cigars and whiskey, but I got MEAD! Also are there swap meets? Would love to get some more gear for the rig or atleast check out what there is to offer since Overland Expo is now cancelled. #SadFace

Skal,
James
That’s alright, I’ll bring the stogies! Anywhere works for me. Let’s get something on the calendar...

Bryan0302

Rank III

Member I

Poquoson, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Skal,
James
Yes we can meet there most any time. We had talked about the weekend after the 4th. However, next weekend is also an option. Usually live music on the weekends if that is everybody's desire or a private area around back can be arranged. As we are restricted to only a certain number of people inside currently if it rains, depending on how many people come and customers present, we may not be able to go inside for seating.