Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Wilderness Run Vineyards in Fredericksburg hosted a jeep event two summers ago, so they might have trails that we could use for some quick out and backs in between the cigars and beverages.
They do. I deal with them all the time and had planned a Toyota event for this year but with Carona everything was canceled. I have also worked it out with them for possible camping there overnight and the use of the trails.

Reactions: Hafaday

Bryan0302

Rank III

Member I

Poquoson, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
They do. I deal with them all the time and had planned a Toyota event for this year but with Carona everything was canceled. I have also worked it out with them for possible camping there overnight and the use of the trails.
I went to the Toyota Jamboree last weekend at the AOAA in PA and there were 74 trucks out there. Most came from two Facebook groups and I'm sure if we picked a date we could get them to help organize.

Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I went to the Toyota Jamboree last weekend at the AOAA in PA and there were 74 trucks out there. Most came from two Facebook groups and I'm sure if we picked a date we could get them to help organize.
Went to the TW event there a couple years ago it was alot of fun

Gibsin23

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pasadena, MD, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Braughton
Member #

I am new to the community and would be interested in meeting up with some fellow overlanders. I currently live in Pasadena, MD, but most of my life was spent in SW VA. What would i need to do to participate in a group event.

-DOM
Welcome neighbor! I'm new to the community as well, but not new to Pasadena. Lol

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Spent the weekend on Lewis mountain in the Shenandoah national forrest. Cool ittle campground the park is only serving at 50% capacity right now and takes social distancing for real. Rained on us some but we were prepared, solar worked perfect, and relaxed by the fire. Pretty place and nice for walks.

1592768183554.png

1592768229826.png

1592768274393.png

1592768313529.png

1592768350862.png

1592768404841.png

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Spent the weekend on Lewis mountain in the Shenandoah national forrest. Cool ittle campground the park is only serving at 50% capacity right now and takes social distancing for real. Rained on us some but we were prepared, solar worked perfect, and relaxed by the fire. Pretty place and nice for walks.
How you liking the TAXA Tiger Moth?

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

View attachment 159354

View attachment 159355

View attachment 159356

View attachment 159357

View attachment 159358

View attachment 159359
Looks like it was a great trip!

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Damn I had to read like 4 pages to catch up! Glad everyone's doing well. Started a new gig and now commuting to Chantilly every day. I remember why I left Virginia...

Went driving yesterday (Sunday) all over GW and some bits of Shanendoah. I didn't realize NP fire roads are off limits always...silly me. I'm used to North GA where everything's pretty much fair game. Nearly every fire road I hit up was gravel and by the time I made my way to Peter's Mill OHV, it didn't seem worth it; I forgot you had to pay beforehand and it looked like a straight access road mainly for the ATVs.

Am considering a 4th of July trip back down to GA for the Traverse. We're definitely down for a meet at the vineyard.

Reactions: Casper66

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Damn I had to read like 4 pages to catch up! Glad everyone's doing well. Started a new gig and now commuting to Chantilly every day. I remember why I left Virginia...

Went driving yesterday (Sunday) all over GW and some bits of Shanendoah. I didn't realize NP fire roads are off limits always...silly me. I'm used to North GA where everything's pretty much fair game. Nearly every fire road I hit up was gravel and by the time I made my way to Peter's Mill OHV, it didn't seem worth it; I forgot you had to pay beforehand and it looked like a straight access road mainly for the ATVs.

Am considering a 4th of July trip back down to GA for the Traverse. We're definitely down for a meet at the vineyard.
Wait...you’re from GA?!? I didn’t know that! I grew up in Marietta. (Congrats on the new gig!)

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Wait...you’re from GA?!? I didn’t know that! I grew up in Marietta. (Congrats on the new gig!)
Thanks! Lucked out, really. Only took ~70 (literally) recruiters from different companies and maybe 20 interviews.

Not really from GA; just lived there for almost 9 years outside Augusta. Made it to Atlanta (and Marietta) quite a bit. Before I moved I was up in the mtns every other weekend pretty consistantly.

Reactions: Specter

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Finally wired up my ham too...if anyone has any experience with the Kenwood 710GA, I could use a crash course. Gotta hit up my local hammies too...not sure when RVARC is meeting up again.

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Hey hope everyone has downloaded the new version of OB app. Still checking it out, but it doesn’t crash all the time, so that’s a plus.