Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

You guys i am so unbelievably happy, i just figured out how To make a jeep rubricons manual swaybar disconnect work with a power wagons sway bar. So both vehicles have a smart bar, flip a swith and the sway bar disconnects in the center, but you can replace the motor with a manual option. And i was able to make the jeeps work with the power wagons! So that means my dodge mega cab will have a sway bar disconnectView attachment 143456View attachment 143457
That's awesome!

@Brock Samson
Your two local East Member Reps are @JRElaxED to the north, and @Zombie to the south. Please let me, or one of them, know if you need any assistance or have any questions.
I'm good.

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Hey everyone, I got wrangled into being the DMV rep with the promise of a free t-shirt. I haven’t gotten my shirt yet, but I guess I can introduce myself. We’ve had a few meet ups, this last year, 4 total, from 5.11 to Occoquan Park. The cars and coffee is a great idea, I would like to go on some day trips to local breweries, once a month. Maybe large overnight/weekend trip quarterly. We did Assateague last March, so that’s an option for beach driving.
Please feel free to reach out, if I can be of any assistance. I’m having trouble with the app on my phone and iPad, but I will check computer. Excited to meet more of you when things settle down
Jon

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Hey everyone, I got wrangled into being the DMV rep with the promise of a free t-shirt. I haven’t gotten my shirt yet, but I guess I can introduce myself. We’ve had a few meet ups, this last year, 4 total, from 5.11 to Occoquan Park. The cars and coffee is a great idea, I would like to go on some day trips to local breweries, once a month. Maybe large overnight/weekend trip quarterly. We did Assateague last March, so that’s an option for beach driving.
Please feel free to reach out, if I can be of any assistance. I’m having trouble with the app on my phone and iPad, but I will check computer. Excited to meet more of you when things settle down
Jon
Some of us were talking about the app at the meet...I figured mine was super dead, but apparently it's everyone. ;)

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Anybody else going to the george Washington campout this weekend? The rally points been up for a bit and it doesn't sound like more than 3 or 4 of us are going out so there's plenty of room. And i put an air compressor system in a pelican case and hard mounted it to my roof rack.20200322_123903.jpg20200322_122305.jpg

Reactions: Casper66 and TerryD

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Nice Jake, did you piece-mail that together online or did you have those bits laying around?

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

The tank and compressor actually came as a kit on amazon, its vixen horns i think? I had the terminal board and box laying around for awhile though and figured I'd put it to use like this and if i don't like it, its easy to move around.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Yeah I liked the idea of the carry case model over engine compartment mounted model for ARB, but am considering more and more the engine bay mount since space is already limited in the back of my 4Runner.

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Ya i would've done under hood, but space is actually kinda limited, and id have to get a different hose to go from compressor to tank. I wanted the tank so i can run air bags in the future. If you got the space its a good option, I'm surprised they do alright in there even with the heat.

ffxcores

Rank I

Contributor III

Fairfax, VA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Rushing
Hey all... I found this website looking for really any non-paved road in Northern VA given that all the GWNF trails are closed due to the pandemic. I've seen references to Clifton, Dumfries, and a few others but can't find more details. I'm only a couple inches over stock, so no rock-crawling for me. I'm itching to get some mud on the tires, so if anyone has any suggestions centered around Fairfax, VA please let me know!

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Hey all... I found this website looking for really any non-paved road in Northern VA given that all the GWNF trails are closed due to the pandemic. I've seen references to Clifton, Dumfries, and a few others but can't find more details. I'm only a couple inches over stock, so no rock-crawling for me. I'm itching to get some mud on the tires, so if anyone has any suggestions centered around Fairfax, VA please let me know!
I'm in Centreville and i can't really think of anything, there was a little spot in sterling everyone called AOL because it was by the server farm. But thats been gated off now and they say theres cameras up.

Reactions: Casper66

Yuke

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Yuknis
How many rigs typically show up? We don’t have a ton of parking, but would be happy to do something at the shop.
Chris @ Backwoods Overland

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

To that aol place? It was mainly dirt bikes and atvs, jeeps would go every now and then but i didn't associate with them since i was on my bike. Unless they were stuck, we just kinda waved and did our own thing since it was a locals offroading area that had been around for decades. Jeeps would get stuck like crazy in there so it wasn't used by camping minded folks.

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Good trek starting around Gainesville area, heading up toward rte 50. Few paved roads but mostly gravel and beautiful horse country.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

How many rigs typically show up? We don’t have a ton of parking, but would be happy to do something at the shop.
Chris @ Backwoods Overland
Where is Backwoods Overland and what do you do?

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hello everybody, been at home for the last 3 weeks furloughed so getting lots of home projects done. I hope I find you all safe and well. If not for this horrible situation we find ourselves in if this is what retirement is like I can handle it.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Hello everybody, been at home for the last 3 weeks furloughed so getting lots of home projects done. I hope I find you all safe and well. If not for this horrible situation we find ourselves in if this is what retirement is like I can handle it.
Sorry to hear that! I'm WFH so i definitely lucked out... although I'm starting to miss my office.

Testing out the beta app also btw... should be interesting.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Hope this finds everyone doing well - just figured I’d check in since it’s been awhile. I was working in South Beach, Miami when things went south with the virus and was quarantined/restricted there for the last four weeks. Just got back this week and am thrilled to finally be back home with my family. I hope all of my friends here are doing well - hoping this passes in short order and we can all get back out there!

Last edited: