Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

What’s going on guys?
Not much, just house hunting and trying to figure out how i wanna build my next relay set up (board or box). Got a bunch of pipe and plate steel so going to build a rear bumper and winch plate. Need to get some smaller pipe so i can build a roof rack

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Who wants to go to the most remote place in Northern America?

Good evening, friends! As some of you might already know, a few of us will be heading out this October to complete the Trans-Taiga. The ‘Taiga’ is located in Northern Quebec and terminates in the most remote location accessible by vehicle in North America. For perspective, when we reach the end we will be about 666 kilometers from the nearest paved road. Pretty epic! We anticipate the trip taking about 14 days total. If you are interested in coming along, reach out to me or 100RNR and we can provide you with more information.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Who wants to go to the most remote place in Northern America?

Good evening, friends! As some of you might already know, a few of us will be heading out this October to complete the Trans-Taiga. The ‘Taiga’ is located in Northern Quebec and terminates in the most remote location accessible by vehicle in North America. For perspective, when we reach the end we will be about 666 kilometers from the nearest paved road. Pretty epic! We anticipate the trip taking about 14 days total. If you are interested in coming along, reach out to me or 100RNR and we can provide you with more information.
Are you planning on checking out Belvédère Robert-Bourassa and/or Radisson?

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

Not much, just house hunting and trying to figure out how i wanna build my next relay set up (board or box). Got a bunch of pipe and plate steel so going to build a rear bumper and winch plate. Need to get some smaller pipe so i can build a roof rack
I feel you. I haven’t been up to a whole lot myself. Hurt my ribs snowboarding the other weekend and all I’ve done since is flush my radiator haha.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Anyone in the FXBG area go to the RVARC (Rappahannock Valley Amateur Radio Club) monthly meetings? I've had my license for over a year now and finally picked up a ham so I figured I'd go and see what's what. The meeting is on Tuesday @ 1900 if anyone's interested.

Reactions: TerryD

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

I posted this on T4R, but as there are more vehicles out there other than the T4R (say it isn't so!), I thought I'd cross post:

Anyone interested in doing a cars and coffee type meet Sunday, March 1st in Fredericksburg or Stafford area? Maybe we can make this a monthly thing but of course it all depends.

Other than the fact that I live in Fredericksburg which makes me biased and selfish, peoples from NoVA and Richmond can both drive in if they're willing. Just a thought.

Was thinking about 1000 or 1030? I'm always down for early C&C meets but maybe we'll get a consensus.

Suggestions:

Duck Donuts (ample parking)
1223 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Warrior Coffee (medium parking)
35 Walpole St #115, Stafford Courthouse, VA 22554

Peet's (small parking, weird lot, no lines...)
3845 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Stafford Courthouse, VA 22554

I've not been to any of these places; I was looking for coffee shops with parking, open Sunday mornings and that weren't the typical Starbucks/Dunkin, not that there's anything wrong with those. Also most Starbucks in the area have terrible parking.

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I could probably get down there and do that. I'm about an hour away and would vote for any place that has a big kinda parking lot.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Yeah the Duck Donuts is probably the best bet for large parking. It's in a larger shopping center so it should be easy.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I posted this on T4R, but as there are more vehicles out there other than the T4R (say it isn't so!), I thought I'd cross post:

Anyone interested in doing a cars and coffee type meet Sunday, March 1st in Fredericksburg or Stafford area? Maybe we can make this a monthly thing but of course it all depends.

Other than the fact that I live in Fredericksburg which makes me biased and selfish, peoples from NoVA and Richmond can both drive in if they're willing. Just a thought.

Was thinking about 1000 or 1030? I'm always down for early C&C meets but maybe we'll get a consensus.

Suggestions:

Duck Donuts (ample parking)
1223 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Warrior Coffee (medium parking)
35 Walpole St #115, Stafford Courthouse, VA 22554

Peet's (small parking, weird lot, no lines...)
3845 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Stafford Courthouse, VA 22554

I've not been to any of these places; I was looking for coffee shops with parking, open Sunday mornings and that weren't the typical Starbucks/Dunkin, not that there's anything wrong with those. Also most Starbucks in the area have terrible parking.
If I am in town I will make it there - just post time, date and place!