Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hughesville, MD, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lackey
Member #

Anyone planning a trip this coming weekend the 4th and 5th? Thinking maybe go down to Peter's Mill run on the evening of the 4th, camp and trail ride on the 5th then come back that evening.

Reactions: jakeandhisdodge

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Screenshot_20191224-111645_BlueDriver.jpg20191224_133512.jpg

Merry Christmas and happy new years, my trucks tipm pooped itself and took my fuel pump out with it while i was visiting family in texas. Sounded like it almost blew out my radio, sent rogue voltage or something to the fuel pump so it sounded like nails in a blender. Couple days before that right outside of baton rouge the fan ground switch went out and wouldn't start the engine fan in grid lock traffic and the engine almost over heated. Also condensor fan conked out so no AC while sitting still. The pump we put in had a bad arm for fuel level so we've since replaced the pump AGAIN but now the pin in the connector for the fuel gauge has pulled out so no fuel gauge reading. Got a new pig tail and gonna trouble shoot the wiring tomorrow. Doing ball joints and hubs this weekend hopefully since i was getting bad wobble and knocking from the driver side.

20191231_111149.jpg

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

View attachment 133247View attachment 133248

Merry Christmas and happy new years, my trucks tipm pooped itself and took my fuel pump out with it while i was visiting family in texas. Sounded like it almost blew out my radio, sent rogue voltage or something to the fuel pump so it sounded like nails in a blender. Couple days before that right outside of baton rouge the fan ground switch went out and wouldn't start the engine fan in grid lock traffic and the engine almost over heated. Also condensor fan conked out so no AC while sitting still. The pump we put in had a bad arm for fuel level so we've since replaced the pump AGAIN but now the pin in the connector for the fuel gauge has pulled out so no fuel gauge reading. Got a new pig tail and gonna trouble shoot the wiring tomorrow. Doing ball joints and hubs this weekend hopefully since i was getting bad wobble and knocking from the driver side.

View attachment 133249
Hope all the repairs go well, brother. Happy New Year to you!

Reactions: jakeandhisdodge

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

20200102_150813.jpg
Third pump installed, gas gauge finally works. I know, i know, "did you even troubleshoot the gauge?" Dude i went up and down that hole circuit and everything checked out good. Good voltage, grounds, and resistance, everything was good. So alot of dodge forums kept saying its the delphie pumps they always do this, just swap it again. And it finally fixed it and now it reads. But i did put a back up pick up in the tank so if it goes out again i can hit a back up fuel pump and fuel in through the fuel pressure test port so i can get home.
20191231_130626.jpg

Nick80

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Anyone looking for stock JLU rubicon suspension? Perfect for a jlu sport. Also I have the jlu front drive shaft. Local only also included is RC booster 2.5 lift( I don’t have the instructions so I can’t guarantee all bolts and stuff are still with it. Everything $350 local pick up in haymarket va. IMG_5618.JPGIMG_5619.JPG

Reactions: Hafaday

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Met a gentleman from RVA Toyota Trucks this afternoon (Tactical Panda?). Apparently they are a Toyota group based in Richmond. I am not on FB, Instagram, or Twitter, but would like to connect and stay in touch with the group. If anyone on here is part of the group, etc., let me know how I stay I touch aside from social media. Cheers.

Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Met a gentleman from RVA Toyota Trucks this afternoon (Tactical Panda?). Apparently they are a Toyota group based in Richmond. I am not on FB, Instagram, or Twitter, but would like to connect and stay in touch with the group. If anyone on here is part of the group, etc., let me know how I stay I touch aside from social media. Cheers.
They usually post on TW. Tim is a good guy glad you met him. I believe they are having a meet in Richmond this weekends Greentop

Reactions: sabjku

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

They usually post on TW. Tim is a good guy glad you met him. I believe they are having a meet in Richmond this weekends Greentop
Thanks. Because of my former job I don’t do any social media aside from LI, so I guess there’s no way to stay connected with them. Appreciate the info.

Justin Lackey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hughesville, MD, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lackey
Member #

Anyone interested in doing an offroad trip MLK day weekend? Looking at some exploring and camping/hiking, nothing too crazy offroad. Maybe leave saturday evening and head back Tuesday.

Reactions: sabjku

Bryan0302

Rank III

Member I

Poquoson, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Anyone interested in doing an offroad trip MLK day weekend? Looking at some exploring and camping/hiking, nothing too crazy offroad. Maybe leave saturday evening and head back Tuesday.
Definitely interested but I have to be back NLT Monday night. It would be and my 9 year old.

Justin Lackey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hughesville, MD, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lackey
Member #

Definitely interested but I have to be back NLT Monday night. It would be and my 9 year old.
Monday would be fine with us (wife and 2 kis ages 8 and 5, and a dog). Any ideas on good places to go or a long stretch maybe camping in 2 different places. We haven't been able to go anywhere here yet.

Justin Lackey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hughesville, MD, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lackey
Member #

This seems like an interesting Trail. It's 130 miles so could easily be broken into 2 or 3 days.

Reactions: Stumpalama

Bryan0302

Rank III

Member I

Poquoson, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
This seems like an interesting Trail. It's 130 miles so could easily be broken into 2 or 3 days.

I looks doable for my nearly stock 4Runner. The weather looks like it will be interesting as well.

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
I would be in, but driving my Jeep to South Carolina to leave with SOS for a week for my new bumper and double swing out...will be without my baby for a whole week.

Justin Lackey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hughesville, MD, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lackey
Member #

So I modified it slightly. Looking at camping at the north end of Peter's Mill Run Saturday night, doing a short hike sunday morning to a nearby watch tower. Sunday during the day Peter's mill run and some national forrest roads. Another short hike at the end of it before crossing towns into more forrest. Camp sunday night somewhere. Do the rest of the trail monday and head back that evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadik Nova