Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Oh cool. I'm a long time TW user I see you have a T4R. We had started a whole group for that area but not much happens. Where and how often does this group have meets or any other activities. I may go bac a fw pages and read through them but not 94 pages LOL. I'm hoping to find some folks that enjoy working on their vehicles and can contribute.
Welcome to OB! I’m in Stafford so not far at all. Hopefully we can get a few of the guys together soon so we can all meet!

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Oh cool. I'm a long time TW user I see you have a T4R. We had started a whole group for that area but not much happens. Where and how often does this group have meets or any other activities. I may go bac a fw pages and read through them but not 94 pages LOL. I'm hoping to find some folks that enjoy working on their vehicles and can contribute.
Welcome Casper.

I’m outta Richmond, and follow this group. There is a little more activity here than in other threads.

I’ve been out with a few of them for day runs... Good people here.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hi all! I am a neewbie here I just joined Saturday at the Overland Expo. I am in Culpeper Va, which is probably like no man's land here. I'm kinda wondering if I'm in the right place or is there a more local thread for me to be in?
Hey Casper! This is probably the most local thread .... but be sure to also check out the Rally Points, there is a monthly meetup in Roanoke, VA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casper66

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

NOVA OB,
I figured I’d start with a post here since it’s the most checked area of OB for members local to NOVA.

A few of us are planning a trip beginning here in NOVA and going to the end of the Trans-Taiga in northern Quebec and back. For those who do not know, the Trans Taiga is a 666 kilometer dirt road ending in the most remote place anywhere in North America. We are planning the trip for the end of Sept/early October of 2020, during a small window between the end of black fly/mosquito season and the snow season.We figure it’s a four day trip journeying up to Northern Quebec, two to four days on the Trans Taiga itself, and then another four days to get home. While the trip is not technical (heavy rock crawling, deep mud, etc), it is extremely remote, so anyone considering going should have a reliable rig, be extremely well prepared and completely self sufficient. With that said, we are hoping for a group of 4-6 rigs, so that we can team up and make the trip as fun and as successful as possible. If you are interested, please let me know and we can discuss it further. Hit me here, PM me, or hit me on my mobile - 404-680-2318. Cheers!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

NOVA OB,
I figured I’d start with a post here since it’s the most checked area of OB for members local to NOVA.

A few of us are planning a trip beginning here in NOVA and going to the end of the Trans-Taiga in northern Quebec and back. For those who do not know, the Trans Taiga is a 666 kilometer dirt road ending in the most remote place anywhere in North America. We are planning the trip for the end of Sept/early October of 2020, during a small window between the end of black fly/mosquito season and the snow season.We figure it’s a four day trip journeying up to Northern Quebec, two to four days on the Trans Taiga itself, and then another four days to get home. While the trip is not technical (heavy rock crawling, deep mud, etc), it is extremely remote, so anyone considering going should have a reliable rig, be extremely well prepared and completely self sufficient. With that said, we are hoping for a group of 4-6 rigs, so that we can team up and make the trip as fun and as successful as possible. If you are interested, please let me know and we can discuss it further. Hit me here, PM me, or hit me on my mobile - 404-680-2318. Cheers!
Sounds amazing Specter!

Reactions: Hafaday

Bryan0302

Rank III

Member I

Poquoson, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
NOVA OB,

<iframe src="Happy Jonah Hill GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="375" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Welcome Casper.

I’m outta Richmond, and follow this group. There is a little more activity here than in other threads.

I’ve been out with a few of them for day runs... Good people here.
You wouldn't happen to be the same Hafaday I know from tacoma World by chance?

Reactions: Hafaday

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hey Casper! This is probably the most local thread .... but be sure to also check out the Rally Points, there is a monthly meetup in Roanoke, VA.

Thanks I will do that Roanoke is like 3 hours away though a bit of a hike for a meet up

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I primarily do all my own work and mostly toyota based but am willing to help out if somebody needs it. I'm trying to figure out this site and how to post pictures as most of mine are on my phone or TW I'm ging to try to copy and paste a pic

1571094530610.png

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Well that seemed to work if I wanted to do a build thread could I copy and paste that from a different site?