Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I was on this week. It was windy. So I got lucky as no spots on ocean side we got bat side and it was much better.
About the driving and visiting. Pass 90 bucks plus 30 or 40 park visit for year. We drive about 10 miles pass ballpen and it was no people what so ever.
I deflated my tires to 18 psi as I was tried stay on safe side as to make sure tire will not separate from rim bead .
No sleeping overnight on beach unless fishing or/and gray water and toilet build in . Ballpen is sleeping place but only with toilet and water tank build in.
Even weather was on cool side my tranny got to 175 very fast, so watch out to not overheat this.

Can you share whatever info you’ve got? Considering a trip down there in next few weeks. Ty.

Reactions: sabjku

LaxBro

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

I was on this week. It was windy. So I got lucky as no spots on ocean side we got bat side and it was much better.
About the driving and visiting. Pass 90 bucks plus 30 or 40 park visit for year. We drive about 10 miles pass ballpen and it was no people what so ever.
I deflated my tires to 18 psi as I was tried stay on safe side as to make sure tire will not separate from rim bead .
No sleeping overnight on beach unless fishing or/and gray water and toilet build in . Ballpen is sleeping place but only with toilet and water tank build in.
Even weather was on cool side my tranny got to 175 very fast, so watch out to not overheat this.
Hmm...$120-$130 for the passes, etc? You are allowed to sleep in the drive in spots that DRJ referenced? I don't have roof top tent yet, but have 4runner set up for in vehicle "accomodations". and thanks for your insights

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Hey guys. Haven't posted a bit due to everything going on. Just throwing this out there though, I am selling my Jeep. So if you know of anyone looking for one, let me know.

Makit Worx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Germany
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Crowther
Member #

We were on Assategue Island last week and had an ocean side camp site. Winds were so bad we couldn’t keep the tent up. Sadly ended up in a hotel, but the drive on the beach more than made up for it.
IMG_1381.jpg

Reactions: Hafaday

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
There is no worry about your bead at 18 psi I would worry when. You get below 10

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Trying to revive @geekyadams idea. Instead of meeting up at a restaurant, would anyone be interested in meeting up at a local park and cooking? I’m always trying to find new recipes and see everyone’s cooking set up. Been a few months since we had a meet-up. Everyone good with May 5th? 9am? Location centralized tbd.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Trying to revive @geekyadams idea. Instead of meeting up at a restaurant, would anyone be interested in meeting up at a local park and cooking? I’m always trying to find new recipes and see everyone’s cooking set up. Been a few months since we had a meet-up. Everyone good with May 5th? 9am? Location centralized tbd.
Sounds good. Probably won't be cooking, but down to meet up!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I’m game.... probably. [emoji12]

Reactions: Schake