US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Def interested as well. I'll coordinate with the wife tonight. I can easily tent camp in lieu of RTT. Also, I travel with my 4 year old son who us adept at camping, but if that's not cool for this group I get it.
Nice! Let me know when you are a definite. I just need one other definite to book a site.

Reactions: sabjku

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I'm in for 1 night on the 30th. I'm in a 3rd Gen 4runner with a RTT. I'll pm my contact info.
Good deal! Just reserved the site. I found a site that had two others next to them so for the others that are coming, I booked site: "040, Oceanside Loop 2" @ASSATEAGUE ISLAND NATIONAL SEASHORE CAMPGROUND.

I'll DM you the site information, so you have a copy also.

bubbles05

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kailua, HI, USA
First Name
Page
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Leaving S Arlington around 7am this Sat to explore the trails between Briery Branch and the Flagpole Knob (pink pin). This is west of Harrisonburg near Rawley Springs and in vicinity of the 33. I'll grab a coffee with the group in the link around 9am on the way out.

Day trip only, back by 6-7pm. If anyone is interested, let me know.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-shenandoah-valley-va-rigs-amp-coffee-02-02-2019.22288/#post-301452View attachment 87715
Fair warning. There's supposed to be a trail cleanup by a jeep group as well as the VAXC is doing a trail ride. It's likely to be crowded out there. You might consider going up to Reddish Knob and down toward West Augusta to avoid the traffic. Still a very nice ride and LOTS of good camping near WA.

bubbles05

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kailua, HI, USA
First Name
Page
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Fair warning. There's supposed to be a trail cleanup by a jeep group as well as the VAXC is doing a trail ride. It's likely to be crowded out there. You might consider going up to Reddish Knob and down toward West Augusta to avoid the traffic. Still a very nice ride and LOTS of good camping near WA.
Thanks. I'll do some map study.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Nice! Let me know when you are a definite. I just need one other definite to book a site.
I'm definitely down, and can totally make it. I'll bring my trailer with RTT so I can set that up and then explore. Should I call and book another site, or is the site you already reserved for additional vehicles still? Hopefully we have some great weather end of March! Sun won't be setting until 730pm so at least we have some longer days!

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I'm definitely down, and can totally make it. I'll bring my trailer with RTT so I can set that up and then explore. Should I call and book another site, or is the site you already reserved for additional vehicles still? Hopefully we have some great weather end of March! Sun won't be setting until 730pm so at least we have some longer days!
The drive in sites are two vehicles max; bubbles is staying on the site I reserved. If you are bringing a trailer, I think that counts as two. Not sure about the smaller utility trailers though; I would double check. I chose the sites that were close together. The one I got is site 40 on oceanside loop 2. Grab the sites next to it and we can all hang out by the fire on one of the sites!

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

The drive in sites are two vehicles max; bubbles is staying on the site I reserved. If you are bringing a trailer, I think that counts as two. Not sure about the smaller utility trailers though; I would double check. I chose the sites that were close together. The one I got is site 40 on oceanside loop 2. Grab the sites next to it and we can all hang out by the fire on one of the sites!
Perfect.....@jrelaxed, I'll call tomorrow and get us a site! Generally the small trailers will only count as one, but we'll see what they say. I'll make sure we grab a site next to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRJ and JRElaxED

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Anyone know what the “bug situation” is this time of year? I’ve heard no-see-ems get rough.

I’m interested as well... and camping at least one night.

You guys looking at the dispersed sites down the beach, or at the campground?

Reactions: DRJ

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Anyone know what the “bug situation” is this time of year? I’ve heard no-see-ems get rough.

I’m interested as well... and camping at least one night.

You guys looking at the dispersed sites down the beach, or at the campground?
We reserved the sites on the campground itself. I am not aware of disperse camping near the island. Is this on the MD side? Or VA?

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

We reserved the sites on the campground itself. I am not aware of disperse camping near the island. Is this on the MD side? Or VA?
MD. There are sites down the beach a ways, once you have your over-sand vehicle permits... I believe.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #