Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Well guys in another chat I’ve reached out to other guys around Richmond and we’re talking about meeting up on August 19th at 2:00PM if any of y’all want to come it’ll be at Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
5440 Glenside Dr
Richmond, Va 23228
Will this be just a meet and greet? Or you planning a ride as well?

Reactions: bill70387

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Wish I could make it down to Richmond. Keeping the Mission BBQ as the Unofficial Overland Bound meetup. How bout 2 pm August 26th meet up @ Mission bbq in Lorton Va. If you are around, we can match faces to names, future plans and maybe discuss an trip before Overland Expo and RTT Rally.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Wish I could make it down to Richmond. Keeping the Mission BBQ as the Unofficial Overland Bound meetup. How bout 2 pm August 26th meet up @ Mission bbq in Lorton Va. If you are around, we can match faces to names, future plans and maybe discuss an trip before Overland Expo and RTT Rally.
I’m up for Lorton on the 26th!

Turns out my wife and I have plans this Sunday. [emoji22]

Reactions: sabjku

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

26th looks good for me. Plus, Lorton is super close!

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey I'm in for the Lorton Meetup next Sunday. I'm pretty close to there as well.
Also, Courtney and I just decided to do Canaan loop this weekend. Last minute idea and we're rolling with it. Heading out from Woodbridge early AM Saturday morning, heading back Sunday morning/afternoon. Anyone's invited.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hey I'm in for the Lorton Meetup next Sunday. I'm pretty close to there as well.
Also, Courtney and I just decided to do Canaan loop this weekend. Last minute idea and we're rolling with it. Heading out from Woodbridge early AM Saturday morning, heading back Sunday morning/afternoon. Anyone's invited.
Hey Adam, have you done Canaan Loop road before? Looks a nice scenic forest road. I was just up in Dolly Sods and Blackwater Falls area about 6 weeks ago. Love it up there.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey Adam, have you done Canaan Loop road before? Looks a nice scenic forest road. I was just up in Dolly Sods and Blackwater Falls area about 6 weeks ago. Love it up there.
Yeah did it with a buddy in February. Not bad, but you get some pinstripes. We're planning to do a little day hiking along the trail and Canaan loop is great for that. Lots of hiking paths up near blackwater area, and plenty of great views.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I might be able to join you. My sister-in-law is borrowing my camp gear and is supposed to be back on Friday (just not sure how late). Depending on the state of the equipment, I might just be able to pick up and go.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Yeah did it with a buddy in February. Not bad, but you get some pinstripes. We're planning to do a little day hiking along the trail and Canaan loop is great for that. Lots of hiking paths up near blackwater area, and plenty of great views.
Checked out some photos online. Looks like a fun route!

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I might be able to join you. My sister-in-law is borrowing my camp gear and is supposed to be back on Friday (just not sure how late). Depending on the state of the equipment, I might just be able to pick up and go.
Just let me know what you're missing and we got you covered man. I keep a bunch of extras.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Don't forget food and beer.... Let's see how far you can take this thing. [emoji16]
Off-topic, but I just read your signature line and saw some gear that I'm looking into for my future upgrades. How are you liking the SSO slimline, x2o winch combo? Also how long have you had your SPCs and how are they treating you? We're going to have to talk upgrades!

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, VA, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Rrrrrr
Member #

Off-topic, but I just read your signature line and saw some gear that I'm looking into for my future upgrades. How are you liking the SSO slimline, x2o winch combo? Also how long have you had your SPCs and how are they treating you? We're going to have to talk upgrades!
Short form is I like all of it. I've had them for about a year, no complaints. Other than not getting out as often as I'd like.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Yeah gotcha. Spare tent and roll up mattress. I'll pack them.
Sounds good! I am hoping that she'll be back tonight, so I can use my tent. Where are we meeting tomorrow? I'm 99% sure I can go. Just need to make sure I finish up this one deliverable for work by tonight.