Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I do quite like that. Just a question though, why did you go with the trailer when you have a 4 Door JK? Some higher milage 3.8's are coming down in price so I weight the idea of having another JK
on the side or doing a trailer.

I honestly did not know these events were going on. I will be out of town for the next couple of weeks so trying to spend some time with the wife and I want to do somethings to the project car before I leave.

I wanted a trailer because I like being able to get to where I'm going, set up camp, and then get in the vehicle and go explore the area, especially when it's a new place. I don't always take the trailer though. Sometimes I just use my ARB awning and awning room, or pitch a ground tent to be able to still explore in the Jeep. The other reason I did a trailer is because I knew I wanted a RTT, and I could not put a RTT on my Jeep and still get it in my garage-I like storing the Jeep in the garage.

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
I wanted a trailer because I like being able to get to where I'm going, set up camp, and then get in the vehicle and go explore the area, especially when it's a new place. I don't always take the trailer though. Sometimes I just use my ARB awning and awning room, or pitch a ground tent to be able to still explore in the Jeep. The other reason I did a trailer is because I knew I wanted a RTT, and I could not put a RTT on my Jeep and still get it in my garage-I like storing the Jeep in the garage.
Ahh, gotcha, thanks for the insight!

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Outstanding! Still might go with one just cause I’m tired of looking. And it kinda fits the bill.
I exhausted myself looking, so I can relate:) After all of my research, Morris's trailers fit the perfect pricepoint, and they are so much more practical than a lot of the other trailers. It's a very useful trailer, and not just for overlanding! It's extremely utilitarian.

Reactions: Hafaday

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
I exhausted myself looking, so I can relate:) After all of my research, Morris's trailers fit the perfect pricepoint, and they are so much more practical than a lot of the other trailers. It's a very useful trailer, and not just for overlanding! It's extremely utilitarian.
Now you have me looking at trailers again. Same for me, Got tired of looking, this is the style of trailer I'm looking for and the price. I like the DIY frame.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Now you have me looking at trailers again. Same for me, Got tired of looking, this is the style of trailer I'm looking for and the price. I like the DIY frame.
And Morris is the type of guy to where if you want some additions/changes, he's more than happy to work with you. Probably one of my best purchasing experiences ever.

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

What’s the price point? I couldn’t find any info easily on Google. I dig that style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I drop shipped my wheels and tires, Tepui tent, and awning directly to Morris when he was building. He took care of the install of everything, which made it real easy when I drove down to pick up the trailer-was ready to camp, in the lovely 100+ deg. Alabama temps:)

Reactions: Nootherids

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Fellas, I’m dying to get out soon. A few of us have been in touch and met up. Calendar is right for adventure, M A O F next weekend, RTTR in mid Oct and OE east in November. I’d like to get out and test out some new gear. Not looking to hardcore wheel, I’ve got a TJ for that. Maybe fireroads, trails within 75 miles of DC. Thoughts for trip soon? sabjku has some good ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Fellas, I’m dying to get out soon. A few of us have been in touch and met up. Calendar is right for adventure, M A O F next weekend, RTTR in mid Oct and OE east in November. I’d like to get out and test out some new gear. Not looking to hardcore wheel, I’ve got a TJ for that. Maybe fireroads, trails within 75 miles of DC. Thoughts for trip soon? sabjku has some good ideas.

I’m definitely game, but novice when it comes to overlanding and my T4R is still stock (for now). Fire roads or easy/light trails sound like a good way to get my feet wet.

In fact sabjku and I are headed to Peters Mill Run today!

Reactions: sabjku and JRElaxED

Gerber.JeepFSJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

DC
Member #

Hey guys. I'm new to overlanding and really want to meet up and get out there. I live in Falls Church VA. My rig in currently not going anywhere due to needing the power steering pump replaced ( gotta wait til pay day). I'm Justin by the way.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I’m definitely game, but novice when it comes to overlanding and my T4R is still stock (for now). Fire roads or easy/light trails sound like a good way to get my feet wet.

In fact sabjku and I are headed to Peters Mill Run today!

JRELAXED could have joined, but darn that work thing![emoji14]

Had a great time yesterday with Novabound, the wife, and the pup!

Trails were a bit wet of course, but not too crowded, and we both got a chance to get our wheels wet a bit more with running trails.

Camped last night and just woke up to this!

IMG_9612.JPG
IMG_9606.JPG

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

JRELAXED could have joined, but darn that work thing![emoji14]

Had a great time yesterday with Novabound, the wife, and the pup!

Trails were a bit wet of course, but not too crowded, and we both got a chance to get our wheels wet a bit more with running trails.

Camped last night and just woke up to this!

View attachment 63811
View attachment 63812
Jealous of that view brother!

But a great day was had for sure.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

You know I'm always down for getting out. It can be for a day, weekend, whatever and wherever! Novabound and I had a great day on Saturday-ran Peters Mill Run which was good for both of us since we're rookies at that, had a nice lunch at the top of Woodstock Tower Rd., grilling under the awning, and then did some exploring of some of the backroads through Fort Valley and along the Shenandoah River. All in all, a fun day!

If a few of the other folks in the area want to try and meet up at some point this week, let's do it. We can all meet and see who's down for some day or weekend trips. It's all about getting out and having fun and seeing new places!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

You know I'm always down for getting out. It can be for a day, weekend, whatever and wherever! Novabound and I had a great day on Saturday-ran Peters Mill Run which was good for both of us since we're rookies at that, had a nice lunch at the top of Woodstock Tower Rd., grilling under the awning, and then did some exploring of some of the backroads through Fort Valley and along the Shenandoah River. All in all, a fun day!

If a few of the other folks in the area want to try and meet up at some point this week, let's do it. We can all meet and see who's down for some day or weekend trips. It's all about getting out and having fun and seeing new places!
Couldn’t agree more !