Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Probably a no go for me. To much stuff going on in the next couple of months. The wife and I are talking next year though
Turns out we have a wedding to go to that weekend, so now I can't go to Appalachian Rendezvous and I'm very pissy about it. One of my best buds so I can't skip it. Hey next year you can bring the new cub! ;)

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Some sent that to me on Expo the other day. I am out of town for a bit but if its around when I get back then I might snag it. Price seems decent.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

What’s up guys I’m new to OB but I’m located just south of Richmond, I’m down for any meet ups I just need to start modifying my 4Runner
Welcome! You've come to the right thread for people posting outings around this region. Come join us on meet-ups, other events and trail rides or let us know if there are any events down your way. Many of us are still running mostly stock rigs (myself included).

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

I see pictures and posts about people going here and there. But how come these outings are rarely posted in this group for the rest to join? If this thread is for meeting new people and enjoying gatherings together then it seems counterproductive to post “look what I did without inviting you” updates. Maybe it’s just me, but I check here regularly to see if any “Meetups” are being organized. And even though there are rarely any meetups, there’s no shortage of updates of trips people scheduled privately. [emoji848]

Reactions: sabjku and Rubicoma

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Is there a Virginia, DMV, NOVA Overlanders group? It would be easier for getting groups together. This is a NOVA Va thread, but an actual group, would make it possible to plan trips, overland festivals, etc. Not everyone checks this thread or responds.

Reactions: sabjku

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Is there a Virginia, DMV, NOVA Overlanders group? It would be easier for getting groups together. This is a NOVA Va thread, but an actual group, would make it possible to plan trips, overland festivals, etc. Not everyone checks this thread or responds.
JRElaxED...I haven’t seen one, but no reason we couldn’t start a separate thread.

But isn’t NOVA/MD basically DMV? [emoji16]

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I see pictures and posts about people going here and there. But how come these outings are rarely posted in this group for the rest to join? If this thread is for meeting new people and enjoying gatherings together then it seems counterproductive to post “look what I did without inviting you” updates. Maybe it’s just me, but I check here regularly to see if any “Meetups” are being organized. And even though there are rarely any meetups, there’s no shortage of updates of trips people scheduled privately. [emoji848]
:grin:Funny you mention that. I personally thought about that for this past weekend, but with our schedules we didn't even decide on anything until 1pm yesterday and we were gone in 20 minutes lol. This is all kind of new to myself, and Novabound and JRelaxed-the first, and only two people I've met on here so far, since we're about 10 minutes from each other!

We used last weekend and this weekend to try and search out a few spots within 90 min or so of the DC area that would actually be appropriate for getting a decent group together. Some place close with some fun forest roads, and/or mild trails, and a nearby area to boondock. We probably could have searched on the forums, but the exploration part is all the fun:grinning:

With that said, we came across what we felt were some pretty nice locations, big enough to get a decent size group together, which would be great.

Again, this is all new to myself, so whatever the proper protocall is for getting some folks together I'm game! Heck, I get out almost every weekend so I'm always looking for something.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I understand where you are coming from.

My case is, 99% of the time, if I plan something it WILL fall through. That said, when I do get out it’s a spur of a moment thing.

That’s my story anyway.
I only know of two active meetup threads for VA. This one (most active) and another one. Eastern VA monthly meetup.

I spend most of my time in here, but will check in on the other as well.

At one time. There was talk of an Western VA monthly meetup, but don’t think it transpired.

For the most part... outings are supposed to be set up in the “Rally Point” section. But that does not always happen. So, I check in here.

My $.02